8

"Oh sounds good, why though?" Cheri says looking up from her phone to see Jaein typing aggressively on her laptop.

"My soulmate is there, and I can't go by myself so I'm taking you. As long as we're back here before 9 pm tomorrow, we should be good." Jaein explains, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Heheh soulmate." She snickers. "Also should we tell the others?" Cheri asks, making Jaein pause. She feels bad keeping this from them. The members are all super close to each other, the fact that she's hiding something this big from them makes the guilt stir within her.

"I'll explain everything to them when we get back, but for now lets just tell them we're going to Tokyo."

-------

The two sat in the train, they covered their faces with masks and wore hats so they didn't stick out. They were going to arrive in Tokyo in three hours, it would be around 11 pm. Jaein is used to getting herself into these kinds of situations, the kind of situations that would get her in trouble. But these are one of the times that she's actually doing it on purpose. One where she is going to a big city in a foreign country, as well as bringing a child with her. She wants to cringe at how desperate she is to see him. But she has to accept that a part of her is being pulled towards him.

"Damn this guy must be special." Cheri says, breaking the silence between the two. Jaein kept silent. She's always known he was. "I thought he was korean."

"Huh?" Jaein looks away from the glass window.

"Your soulmate, why he here though? I thought he lived in Seoul."

"I mean he's not Korean but yeah he lives in Seoul." Jaein answers as Cheri gives her a confused look, her eyebrows folding together.

"Then why don't you just meet him there, I mean this is fun and all but like..?"

"Our relationship...is kinda complicated." Jaein starts, releasing a sigh. She makes eye contact with Cheri, who seems eager to know the whole story. Jaein thinks it's about time she told someone, and she loves the idea of that person being her best friend.

"Explain. Explain." Cheri demands, leaning closer to Jaein.

"Um..well. Ever since we met we agreed to focus on our careers and not on each other. We kind of just met up occasionally so we don't like, die...The more we spent time together the more I thought, ' whatever we're doing won't last, this'll develop into something sooner or later.' And as this kept going the more I realized I wanted that." Jaein pauses. She wants to laugh at how embarrassing it all sounds. She smirks sadly to herself, thinking about how little effort she put into trying. "But we just ended up being not-so-friends who are kinda touchy with each other." JaeIn finishes, pulling the mask down a bit, leaning back with a sigh. The train atmosphere is quiet, as it is almost empty. Jaein can't help but find it comfortable.

"I know I don't have a say in your relationship but that was a dumbass decision." Cheri speaks up before Jaein hits her arm playfully.

"Yeah well I promised myself a while ago that today i will change that." Jaein says, looking out the window, to see the city pass by. She leans her head onto Cheri's shoulder, enjoying the dazzling night veiw.

"Why today?" Cheri asks, looking down at the older girl on her shoulder. The question made JaeIn smile shyly, as she pulls her phone out of her jacket pocket. She has been looking forward to this day for a while.

"It's our one year anniversary since we met, well soon to be." JaeIn says looking at the time on her phone, her moomin background greeting her. Only two hours left. One year since the two had been fated to meet each other. One year of the two failing to love each other.