11

"Have I ever told you how much I like your mullet." Jaein chirps as the two make their way to the sixth floor. Renjun had agreed to meeting Cheri, and Jaein couldn't be more excited to introduce her soulmate to her best friend, but at the same time nervous about what she has to say.

"No, but you keep touching my hair so I figured." Renjun replies making Jaein chuckle out of embarrassment as they reach the door.

"Sorry about that." Jaein puts her card in the door and opens it slightly, her eyes scanning the room . Cheri is sat in the corner of the room beside the window, staring at her phone as she munched on a bag of chips. Jaein slowly makes her way into the bright room, Renjun close behind her.

"Were you hanging out with your soulmate?" Cheri says, not looking up from her phone, but removing her earphones. She managed to sense Jaein, who simply smiles at her friend as she stands in front of her.

"He's here!" Jaein exclaims, holding Renjun by the shoulders, presenting him to her friend. The action surprising Renjun before holding up jazz hands as Cheri looks up, her eyes widening immediately as she lays her eyes on him, completely shocked.

"NO wAy!" Cheri gasps, throwing her phone away.  "You're kidding." Jaein laughs as Cheri walks up to Renjun, examining his face as he smiles awkwardly. Present and Nct dream have encountered each other a few times, at music shows and similar events. But the two groups aren't close, despite being of similar ages. This is the first time Renjun has ever encountered Cheri, and she's exactly what he expected.

"Renjun is moomin?!" She asks, pointing at him with shock. Renjun smiles at the nickname as he glances over at the girl beside him, a smile lit up her face, one he hopes he gets to see more often. Jaein no doubt felt content, she has been waiting for a moment like this to finally occur in her life, one where she can happily introduce her soulmate without any problems standing in the way. This she hopes will be the first of many.

"Yep,"Jaein cheers, patting her moomin on the head.

"I'm going to bully you for not telling me this." Cheri says, sitting back on her chair, observing the view of the two together. "But I have to say... you two look good together."

"Hmm...really?" Renjun asks jokingly.

"I don't really see it either." Jaein comments. Renjun looks down at her as they make eye contact, immediately laughing as they do.

"Wow...uh okay. Anyways, you guys really need to tell me everything." Cheri says, already feeling like a third wheel.

"Uhh we'll tell you another day, we kinda just started...this um.." Jaein struggles. She had just realised that they never really discussed what they are now. She knows for sure that they are soulmates but she isn't sure if they are in a proper relationship if they have yet to establish one.

"Relationship. We're dating now." Renjun confirms as Jaein shoots her head towards him as he smiles brightly at her. Jaein looks down, desperately trying to hide the pink tint that coloured her face.

"Are you..are you... flustered right now? I- I've never seen Jaein like this."Cheri comments, amazed at her friend, not sure whether to laugh or not.

"Ho do soulmate relationships between idols work anyways?" Cheri asks curiously.

"We honestly don't know. But were not planning to do anything about that." Jaein answers leaning on the wall next to Cheri, trying to make her feel more included.

"Yeah I'm in it for the ride, I want to experience everything with you, both the good and the bad." Renjun says casually, stunning the girls.

"That was kinda romantic man." Cheri comments. As Jaein can't help but smile as the words echo in her head. She isn't used to Renjun saying things like that yet. The moment on the roof still feels like a dream to her.