13

The vocal practice room is empty. As Renjun had hoped. He enters the room, setting his bag down to the side as he takes a seat in front of the well-used keyboard. He has been waiting to see Jaein for so long, though he isn't sure what their atmosphere will be like from now on.

He looks around the compact room. It's one of the oldest practice rooms, and unlike the others it was never really upgraded either. It doesn't have sleek furniture like the rest, and it's wooden floor creeks underfoot. It's quite a hidden room and no one really uses it anymore, but it's historic in Renjun's opinion. On the walls were scribbles that had been engraved onto them by past trainees and artists. Words such as "Amber was here", "Heechul owes me his life savings " and " I just want to debut " There were so many stories that hid in within this room. Renjun is also well aware that people have started to do things other than practice in here, well based on the rumours and the names on the walls that were written in hearts. It's a place people use to spend time with their significant others. He is aware that he is bringing Jaein here, a place that Doyoung probably uses to make out with his actress soulmate. Renjun tries to pull the thought of it out of his mind, not wanting to imagine it as him and Jaein.

The door opens, making Renjun immediately stand up from the seat. She walks in. Her eyes locking with his the second she enters. They were the eyes he's been thinking of for weeks. The person he's been missing. Without thinking, his feet carries him towards her, his arms opening wide, taking her into them. She stumbles back with the action, closing the door as she does so. She hugs him back, her arms holding onto his back, sending soft flutters along his spine. The smell of lavender fills his head.

"You smell nice." He says without notice. She laughs, sending vibrations throughout him. He wants to stay this way, and forget about life. To not worry about his problems, and just think spend his time with her.

"I-I'm glad you're back." She says as she pulls away from him. The warmth leaving with her. "I don't really want to live on the soulmate pill anymore." Renjun couldn't hide the frown on his face. He missed her. A lot.

"But that's only one of the reasons I'm happy to see you." She follows up, probably noticing his frown. "I can name so much more."

"I missed you." He steps closer to her, closing the space she had created. Their faces are close, close enough that a small movement can turn into a kiss. He realises how much he loves her face, the crinkle under her eyes, the mole on top of her lip, the speck of blemishes across her nose. He's always known of them, but he never really appreciated them until now.

"I missed you too." She whispers the words. Relief waves over him, knowing that she had missed him too. She smiles sweetly, the dimples forming small pools on her face. "I brought ice cream for you by the way."

--------

"...Mira just couldn't get over the fact that I didn't tell her, I guess she doesn't get that I haven't even told my parents yet." Jaein explains as she scoops a bit of ice cream, feeding it to Renjun who sat across from her.

"Speaking of which." He swallows the ice cream in his mouth. "Should we tell them?"

"No." She didn't think about it before answering. She just knew she doesn't want to. At least not now. "I mean not my parents."

Renjun stares at her for a while. "Fair enough."

"You can tell yours though." She suggests, putting a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"Nah, I want them to meet you in person." He wipes off a bit of ice cream from the side of her mouth, a blush reaching her cheeks as he does so. The realisation seem to hit her. How Renjun makes her feel. It's different from how she has felt with anyone else. But she also realises how much she's keeping from him.