22

"I can't believe I just did that." She laughs to herself as she makes her way to Jaehyun's car. She hopes her dramatic exit left had an effect because now she has to wait for Jaehyun to realise that they came together, which means she needs to leave the same way too. Knowing him it wouldn't take long anyways, there's no way he'd want to be there after that awkward situation.

"You're so brave all of a sudden." Jaehyun comments as he unlocks the car. She lets herself in, a smirk growing into her face.

"That felt nice." She says as he turns the keys, starting up the car. He let out a chuckle, showing off his fangs.

"I haven't seen them mad at you like that in years." He adds. "I think the last time was when you hit that chick." He brings up.

"I deserved that." She says, remembering the way her fist drove its way into Tami's face. It didn't feel as good as she had hoped, and she deserved all the yelling from the school and her parents. Luckily it was just one punch. Otherwise it would have left a huge stain in her record, and Tami herself tried not to make too big a deal out of it, knowing she wouldn't be able to get away with the bruises she left Jaein the day after. It was the only time she had been physically damaged by Tami.

"No you didn't." He says as he kept his eyes on the road. "It was an act of self defence."
Jaein stares into his side profile, her brows furrowing.

"You don't know that." Jaein states, knowing she had never told him, and he never seemed to care that much about her in school, which was fair as neither of them wanted to be associated with each other.

"Of course I do." He replies surely. "You're not the type of person who would do that for fun. I also know how far that bitch drove you." He says, his eyes falling onto the tall buildings.

Jaein quickly turns up the radio before her mind had the chance to remember anything he was referring to, letting one of her favourite voices filing the car.

"They deserve a full album." Jaein says referring to nct dream, their song dream run playing as she tries to change the subject.

"Also I heard you didn't fully decline the offer." He brings up again. "I over heard the director talking. I wanted to ask before dinner but yeah, what's that about?"

"Ahahah about that..." She let out a dry laugh. She was scared about him finding out along the line. "I asked them to give the collab to someone else, cause I was already there and I told them I was still willing to collab if it was someone else."

"Wow you- uh okay." He stumbles, not exactly sure what to say to that. He stops at a traffic light, turning to face her. "I swear if you do something like what Doyoung did with star blossom it's going to be so hard to watch, especially with one of my members...eew"

"You're in for a surprise dear brother." She smirks, suddenly excited for him to find out who exactly her soulmate is. "I recommended Renjun, but they'll get back to me about it."

"Ooh you and Renjun." He says as he presses on the exhaust as the light turns green. "I think you guys would have nice contrasting voices. I actually like the idea...of you two."

"Hmm you do? That's good to hear." She tries her best not to sound too enthusiastic about it. The car stops in front of Jaein's dorm, a bright streetlight shining above the car.

"Well it's been an interesting night." She sighs, looking over to her brother.

"Oh wait." He says, reaching out to the backseat, picking up a small gift bag. "Here's your gift." He hands her hands her the bag before she looks into it, pulling out an airpod box, not surprised by the gift but very much grateful for it.