2

"I'm sorry but I really don't want this right now." She says breaking the silence. The two are on the rooftop. Jaein came to be alone, she never expected this.

"I'm glad we're on the same page." He lets out a small laugh. "What is even happening?" He asks, slight irritation coming out of his voice. She genuinely never thought this could ever happen to her. She doesn't even have a soulmate tattoo. Throughout her life she's never had a chance to brag about it or show it to people like everyone else, but she had come to accept it. The older she got the more she realised she's lucky to not be fated with anyone.

But I guess the system lied to me.

"Do you even have a soulmate tattoo?"

"No! That's what made me think I didn't have a soulmate. But I guess I'm wrong." he explains.

"Well you're not the only one. I don't have one either." At this point they are both annoyed, trying to hide the fact that both of them are even slightly happy about the meeting. It's not often that she finds someone without a soulmate tattoo, but she knows there are a lot out there. And that those people don't end up having a soulmate.

"How is this happening?!" He yells, Jaein couldn't help but admire how cute he was as he did so, but she immediately pushes it away, cursing herself.

"How am I supposed to know?!!" She yells back, surprised at how they feel comfortable enough to yell at each other.

She had just met her soulmate, a moment she never knew could happen. But it has.  And even though she has, she can't help but feel like she isn't deserving of it, nor does she feel like they belong together. But at least that feeling is mutual.

She sighs and looks down her arm, looking at the time on her watch. She didn't even take in the information on the watch before her eyes fell to the dyed birthmark on her hand. It wouldn't usually phase her. But this time it was glowing, it was no longer the gray colour that it normally was, but instead it is a goldish colour and feels very warm.

Her mind struggles to keep up with the information she's trying to process. She quickly grabs onto his hand, taking him by surprise. It had also surprised her how a tingling sensation had rushed through her body the moment she did so, his warm skin feeling electric against hers. He notices it too but doesn't move away as the two try to ignore the feeling.

"This!" She says waving his hand in front of him.

"Wait wait wait." The two place their hands beside one another, showing off the matching marks. "You've got to be kidding me."

The birthmarks on their hands are glowing, together.

"Seriously had no creativity whatsoever." She laughs, finding hard to believe that it was a random patch on her skin this whole time. Not a plant. not a constellation. Just that.

The two pull their hands back and he shoves it into his back pocket.

"Okay so we're soulmates." He confirms. The words sounding weird to hear. The two were looking out at the sky, refusing to look at each other.

"Apparently."

"Yeah, but neither of us want this." He continues. Jaein nods in agreement.

"If we ignore it, it should be fine. Right?" She puts it out there.

"Probably." He says, sounding unsure. Jaein had never paid attention in soulmate class, since she had a firm belief that she doesn't have one. But what she does remember is that there's a likeness that it won't be exactly fine.

"I guess we'll meet again someday." She says, turning to him, knowing the conversation is coming to an end. Well at least she wanted it to.

"When we're ready." He states. "I'm still really young."