28

"Excuse me, who are you?" Shin-ae asks as she lifts a brow at the girl who looks at her with starry eyes.  Jaein fiddles with the cutlery in her hands, turning away from Tami as much as she could.

"I'm Kim Tami, I'm an Sm trainee and I'm a big fan of yours! I'm actually friends with Jaein and Doyoung!" Tami lies, putting on her star smile for Shin-ae who eyes her up and down, lip lifting up in disgust.

"I doubt it, he barely has friends." Shin-ae scoffs. "His standard for friends wouldn't be...this low anyways." Shin-ae comments as Jaein's head slowly looked up at the actress. Tami's face falling at the comment coming from the lady who Jaein could tell she was trying hard to impress. What Jaein loves is that Shin-ae knows nothing about Tami, yet the words came out so naturally for her.

"Well Jaein and I have been good friends since middle school. Isn't that right?" Tami looks over at Jaein expectantly. Shin-ae's face asking the same question. If this situation had taken place a year ago, Jaein wouldn't have thought twice about agreeing, her fear of Tami would take over and she would do anything Tami said. But she's changed a lot, though she does still fear what Tami could do more than anyone else in the world, she now values herself more, and she is no longer who Tami says she is.

Jaein clears her throat, looking up at her high school bully.

"We were never friends Tami." She speaks up, the words feeling great as she says it. Relieving.

Though the moment she saw Tami's face she almost regrets it. It was the face she'd make when Jaein did something she didn't like, which usually lead up with something horrible.

"Yah, what are you saying? We had such good times back in high school." Tami says, sounding desperate with wide eyes, trying her best to keep the sweet smile on her face. Jaein gulps, thinking of some of the 'good times' they had in high school. How Tami has ruined her life with her words, her actions. The hair pulling, how she would open her back to broken or damp belongings, the screaming.

She gives Tami a small smile, she knows that if Tami acts up she'll be fine, Shin-ae has power over her, and she wouldn't do anything serious in front of the actress. And if she does it's over for her.

"I think you were the only one who enjoyed those times." Jaein replies confidently. Tami looks as if it took her a while to process it. She proceeds to smirk, giving Jaein a threatening look.

"Maybe now that you're all grown up maybe you can learn to appreciate them, we could always hang out anytime." Tami cocks her head, taking a step closer to the table, as if warning Jaein something bad will happen to her if she doesn't stop.

"I'm a bit busy these days, y'know, as a successful kpop idol."

"Jung Jaein!" Tami screams as she slams the table, making both Jaein and Shin-ae jump back slightly in surprise. She makes sure her face is where Jaein couldn't avoid it before opening her shaky mouth once more, her breath snowing against Jaein's skin. You-"

"SECURITY!" Shin-ae yells as she watches Tami's face fall into worry, stepping back from the table. A man in a suit runs up to their table. "Take her away, I'm trying to enjoy my lunch." Tami sends Shin-ae a glare. She has lost this time and she's well aware of it. Tami storms off as the guards try to catch up to her. As Tami leaves their sight, Jaein lets out a breath of air, sliding down in her seat. She wanted to cry, but luckily she hadn't.

"Thanks." She sighs, looking up at Shin-ae who had continued to eat her salad.

"I didn't do it for you. She was just annoying." Shin-ae says as Jaein let out a scoff, amazed at how the actress is able to say those things so easily. "I know acting when I see it, and I have to say you weren't bad."