27

"How'd the meeting go yesterday?" Jisoo asks, looking at Jaein through the mirror of the salon.

"Great, we made some progress I guess which is good." Jaein replies with a smile that she finds hard to hide.

"By that do you mean the song or your relationship?" Cheri teases looking over at Jaein who let out a small chuckle.

"I hope you guys aren't planning to do anything lovey-dovey." Jisoo warns. "If the big boss knew I let you do this while knowing you guys are soulmates, he won't like it." She shakes her head as Jaein tries her best to keep a neutral expression, for both her manager and the stylist's sake.

"What time do we have to be at music bank?" Cheri asks, looking over at her manager who turns an eye to the watch on her wrist.

"In an hour, Cheri you have the photoshoot with Jayon beauty after that." Jisoo informs, Cheri nodding before her stylist holds her head still. "Also Jaein, I got a call from Gyo Shin-ae's manager." Jaein matches Jisoo and Cheri's confused look, forrowing her brows as she sees no reason for the actress to call her.

"What did she say?" Jaein asks.

"That she wanted to have lunch with you, but I simply said no as she didn't provide a reason for it. She must be a fan or something, unless you know her personally." Jisoo explains. "She wanted me to give you her number just in case you wanted to have lunch with her."

"Weird." Jain mutters. The girl had cuddled Jaein in her sleep and then proceeded to attack her in her own bedroom and accused her of being a sasaeng, the only reason Jaein could think she would want to have lunch with her is to apologise.

"You should go." Cheri says. "There's so many people who would love to be in your position." Jaein isn't that fond of her, after the incident. But she doesn't mind her she just thinks the actress has a very interesting character.

"Eh, I'll think about it." Jaein shrugs.

------

Back stage of music bank is hectic, after Present gained a 2nd win for their comeback. There are many artists who come by to congratulate them, frantic staff who were trying to collect mics and those who are getting flowers from their soulmates. Jaein however is busy on a phone call with her soulmate.

"Congrats on another win!!" Renjun's voice exclaims from the other end of their phone call, Jaein smiling, a sudden wave of emotions rushing through her at once. Happy tears prickling at her eyes as she tries to dab the away.

"T-thank you." Jaein manages out.

"Awee don't cry...you worked so hard for this and you really deserve this. I'm proud of you." He says. It isn't the fact that they had won that was making her tear up, but his words were definitely adding to it. "Jaein-ah."

"I'm crying because of you idiot. I've sat through the past three comebacks and four wins waiting for you to call me." She laughs as she wipes the tears from her eyes. Jaein would treat Renjun to a celebratory dinner every time nct dream had a comeback, but ever since they met up to this point, nct dream has only had one comeback, and that dinner was awkward as hell. But it's better than Jaein having to tell him when she had a comeback and him simply saying that it's cool.

"Oh...I'll call you every time from now on." He replies reassuringly. "Every win, every comeback stage... One day I'll be able to be there, giving you flowers, to pull you into a hug and tell you how amazing you were and how happy I am that I have such a talented soulmate."

"Gosh..." Her eyes widen at his words, making her heart flutter at the thought. "We literally made up like yesterday."

"I just want to tell you everything you deserve to hear." He tells her."Anyways we spent a whole week not talking to each other, there's a lot to talk about."