3

Jaein shoots up. Taking in her surroundings. She immediately recognises the familiar surroundings as she clutches her head, remembering how she had fainted.
The room is bright, despite only light being the sunlight coming through the windows. Jaein looks at the white clock on the wall. 4:05 it read.

Damn I didn't even have lunch.

Before Jaein could leave the bed, a nurse comes in, greeting her with a warm smile.

"Oh hello!" Jaein greets the familiar nurse who is Suyoung's girlfriend and soulmate.

"I'm glad you're awake. Your brother dropped you off, he was really worried."She explains. As she pours Jaein a cup of water.

"Yeah we were doing some taekwondo when I suddenly fainted." Jaein laughs like a kid. Haerin smiles, a smile out of pity.

"You didn't faint because of the taekwondo though." She starts. "Have you had any other symptoms like, throwing up, headaches, pain in places you didn't even hurt yourself..?"

Jaein looks at her seriously, swallowing.

"Yes." She says shortly. Haerin places a hand on her shoulder as she sits down in front of her, how a mother would when they want to explain something important to her child.

"Do you know if you have possibly found your soulmate?" Her voice is quiet as she asks the question.

Jaein looks blankly at the older girl, it suddenly dawns on her that that's probably the reason. She was scared it might be some sort of underlying illness or that she's pregnant or something. But in a way this is also bad.
She realises that it was never going to be fine. The puking, the dizziness, the disorientation. It made her feel horrible. She felt like she had lost every drop of energy in her body all the time. And she's hates the fact that she genuinely wants to see him.
This must be the side effects.

"Yes." She sighs.

"That's why then. You can't be apart from your soulmate once the bond has started. Both of you will start to deteriorate and can possibly die. So I understand that finding your soulmate again will be hard, if it happened suddenly. I can give you these meds but they're nowhere near as good as the real thing." She explains giving Jaein a small paper bag. Jaein pulls out the pink pills from the bag, examining it. "They were made for long distance relationships, that spend a lot of time away from each other, but there are a lot of cases where people bond with their soulmates by just passing by."

"So I have to be with him?"

"Not all the time but yes."

"Damn it."

————————-

peachboy

hey are you in practice?

yeah why? And are you okay?

can I come over? I'll bring a frapp or something.

sure, i'll tell the people downstairs

Thanks

————————-

She makes her way to the SM building. If she remembers properly, Jaehyun said that they are practicing their black on black performance for the SM live shows. Renjun has to be there. She knows he is because she can feel him pushing himself even though it hurts. She wonders what had happened to him when she passed out, how would he have felt.

The past weeks have been hell, Jaein is has been in so much pain that it brings her to tears. She is determined to stop this, even if it means she has to accept the fact that she has a soulmate.

She makes her way to the cafeteria where Jaehyun said he was. She catches sight of his tall figure, sitting with some of the other nct members.

"Oh Jaein!" He says waving, surprised he could tell it was her from a distance despite Jaein wearing a cap and a mask

"I asked for extra cream. As a thank you for taking me to the hospital" She thanks, giving him the drink in hand.

"Thanks, also how are you feeling?" He asks, a concerned look on his face.

"Ah... I'm okay, I just need some rest."

"Hmm sure," He says, not believing her. "what were you saying before you fainted, something about your soulmate?" Jaehyun asks. His friends around him are now looking at them, listening in to their conversation. She looks at the table of boys, glad that it was just Johnny, Yuta and Doyoung.

"I need to pee, uhh..where's the toilet?" Jaein asks, trying to get away from the conversation, as well as trying to fight the sudden pang of dizziness she was feeling.

"Oh. It's over there. If you keep going you'll see it." he says pointing over to a hallway. "We'll talk about it later." He says, undertanding that now is not a good time.

"Cool thanks, I'll see you later." She says hastily before leaving him. As he walks past the tables, her mask still stuck to her face, she overhears a familiar voice.

"Where's Renjun?" Mark asks. Causing her to pause.

"He's in the practice room, he wanted to be alone or something." Another boy says before putting food into his mouth. I think he's Chenle. Based on the amount of Nct dream videos she's been watching recently.

"I feel bad for him, he should be able to go home."

"Yeah but he doesn't want to, the managers know he's sick but he refuses to rest."

Jaein knows that was all the information she needs. She begins to run as she feels a tear run down her face, followed by more, she doesn't know why, but she understands where they're coming from.
She goes up the elevator, glad she is alone. She didn't want anyone asking why she's here, or why she's crying.

She slowly sneaks onto the floor with the practice rooms. She's surprised that she is doing this as she wouldn't do this for anyone, except for the fact that she can literally feel Renjun's sadness flow through her.

She peeks through the small windows of the doors and looks for the most empty looking ones before checks them out. The first one was completely empty. The next one,  she thought was also completely empty until she saw a small body in the corner of the room, curled up, sobbing softly.

She feels a pang in her heart. She wants to hold him so badly. His hair is messy as he ruffles it even more. She runs up to him and crouches down to him, slowly lifting his head to look at her equally tear-stained face. He looked surprised at first but instead of pushing away he put his head on her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. That was it. The emptiness inside her subsides, the pain she got used to, gone.

She suddenly feels as if she's holding something precious, something she needs to protect.

"What we're doing - ignoring it - isn't gonna work out is it?" he asks sadly. She wraps her arms around him, pulling him closer. Giving him all the comfort she can. Which makes her feel whole again. As if she had just found a part of her that went missing.

"No. No it's not."

lol what am I even doing