10

Knock knock.

Renjun turns his body towards the door in frustration. "Ya Haechan I said give it to me later." He yells, hoping his friend finally gets his point.

"It's me, Jaehyun." Jaein's brother speaks from the other side of the door. Renjun immediately turns back to Jaein, who's expression matches his own panicked look. They both know the choices they have is to either tell Jaehyun the truth or let the lie continue. Jaein throws herself off the bed as Renjun ushers her towards the bathroom, where she can hide.

Renjun takes in a breath before opening the door. "Hey hyung, whats up?" He greets the guy at the door with a tight lip smile.

"Can I come in?" Jaehyun asks before Renjun reluctantly invites him into the room. Jaehyun sits on the bed as Renjun slowly sits beside him, trying to catch any sign that Jaein might have been here, hoping Jaehyun isn't more observant than him. He swallows, worried about what Jaehyun might have to say.

Jaehyun clears his throat, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen the he walked in. "Jungwoo told everyone that he saw a girl come come in here." He tells Renjun, making the boy freeze, not expecting to be exposed. "I mean, I don't see one right now but is this true?"

Renjun's mind is racing, but no words manage to leave his mouth . He knows Jaehyun is aware that he has a soulmate and is considering telling him the truth. As long as he avoids mentioning Jaein, he's sure it'll be fine. "You can tell me,"

"It was my soulmate." Renjun blurts.

Jaehyun nods, knowing this would be the answer. He pats the boy on the back and smiles warmly at him, if anything he's glad. He doesn't want Renjun to suffer any longer.

"So what lie should I tell the rest?" Jaehyun asks wih a grin. For a second Renjun felt relief flush over him, glad that his hyung is understanding. But then he remembers that Jaehyun is a bad liar, not nearly as bad as his sister, but if it's the other members he's trying to convince, it will be quite the task.

"Did Jungwoo really tell everyone?" Renjun asks, wanting to know how deep in of a mess he's in.

"Well just the one two seven guys, except for Mark and Haechan."

"Damn it, I shoved Jaemin out of here so there's no doubt he told the rest of the dreamies." Renjun says, ruffling his hair in frustration. He wanted to keep this a secret for as long as possible, and he especially didn't want everyone to find out on the same day they finally decide to be proper soulmates.

"Well I went to Jeno's room thinking it was yours, and from what I could see, it was him, Jisung and Jaemin. So there's a possibility that Chenle, Mark and Haechan don't know...yet." Jaehyun explains. Renjun knew this was bad, he could also tell that Jaein was feeling really guilty. He just has the feeling. He can tell that their connection is getting stronger.

"Can we just say it's my friend who lives in Japan or something?"

"I guess we could, but that could still get you in trouble, but at least you won't have to reveal that you have a soulmate."

"Can you make it sound believable?" Renjun asks, worried. His hyung laughs unsurely.

"I'll try my best for you, but uh, why is she here?"

"She's on a trip for work, and I guess I just really missed her." Renjun explains, happy that it's not a lie. Jaehyun wants to laugh, having never seen the kid look like he does right now.

"Why would telling everyone you have a soulmate be so bad?" Jaehyun asks, wondering why the boy just doesn't announce it like Taeyong did.

"Remember when Doyoung hyung found his? It didn't pass very well. And I consider the fact that I'm a lot younger than him, we don't really know how to deal with it. And i'd rather do it without other's interferance." Renjun explains, hoping Jaehyun gets the idea. Doyoung had a lot of drama when it came to his soulmate, and that's the type of thing Renjun wants to avoid.