4

2 0 1 9

"I've got to go now, 'll see you guys at the dorms." Jaein says before leaving the practice room. She quickens her pace as she leaves the building, she's tired and needs a recharge. All she wants to do is go home.

She slid into the underground hipster cafe. It is small and quiet but it is warm and cozy. The smell of coffee fills up her lungs as she orders an espresso before sitting on a sofa in the corner of the cafe. She sits below the glowing fairy lights that are just as eye-catching as she is. Luckily there wasn't a lot of people in there, just a few couples and artsy looking people here and there. A thin figure dressed in a dress shirt and black jeans walks over to her. He takes off his cap and pulls his mask down and greets her with a small smile.

Jaein takes in the contents of the book while Renjun's head lays on her shoulder, fitting perfectly. Ever since the two realised they can't live without each other, they made a deal. They don't want to be in a proper relationship yet. So every week they would meet each other once, just to recharge, and not die. So the two are yet to do anything, romantic. To them they are just someone who needs each other to avoid weakness. They wouldn't even call each other friends.

Jaein looks down at the boy, taking in the features of his face. Everytime she looks at it she can't help but look at every detail, seeing how perfect everything about him is. She sighs as she places her book onto the table, waking him up in the process.

She wants to admit it but something is stopping her. Is it pride? Or is it the fear of rejection? Every time they meet, she can't help but want more. She's not sure when she had first realised it, but she wants to act like his soulmate. She thought that over time things would have changed, but nothing has and Jaein grew impatient.

"Do you have any events coming up?" She asks, needing to plan ahead. Trying to ignore her thoughts.

"Not really, we'll just be performing here and there, but not for too long. You?"  Renjun says sitting up.

"Nothing, but I'll be preparing for our comeback that will be in October so I'll be busy then." Jaein explains. Renjun nods, then the awkwardness starts again. They sat in silence, sipping away at their coffee.

"We're not really busy are we?" Jaein asks out of the blue, causing Renjun to look at her.

"Huh?" He says in a way that Jaein can't help but think was cute.

"I mean should we like actually... go on a date or something?" Jaein suggests, surprised by her own confidence. They meet up every week, they're basically dating except it doesn't feel like it. They talk about things other than themselves. They hold hands for convenience as it's easier to recharge that way. Jaein wants to be sincere. She wants him to talk to her cause he wants to, and for him to hold her hand cause he wants to.

"What do you mean?" He asks. They both came to an understanding , that they need each other, but that doesn't mean that they want each other. Jaein is basically asking to break that agreement.

"Nevermind, it's fine."

"No just say it."

"When is this going to end?" Jaein asks seriously, Renjun stares at her, a sign for her to keep going. "It's been more than a year, and we're obviously old enough."

"We're 19." He says simply, causing Jaein to scoff.

"Look. I'm not asking for anything more,  but I just want to get to know you." Jaein says, trying to make him understand. Despite everything, the two know almost nothing about each other. They ask a few questions here and there but they don't know more than a fan would. Jaein is convinced that Renjun knows less than that. It hurts to know that your soulmate couldn't care less about you.