16

The morning sun fills the room as Jaein woke up from one of the best sleeps she's had in her life. She looks over at her phone on the unfamiliar bedside table. 6:32 am, it read. The latest she has awoken in almost a year. She smiles as she looks around the room. It isn't hers, but something about it feels so homely, not just the fact that is is Renjun's but the overall feel of the room. She likes how the room isn't immaculate, how there is a scatter of clothes in random places, how his skincare products are placed for convenience, and how the wall is sprinkled with photos and drawings. But the thing that makes her love where she is the most is the way his bed sheets smell so much like him. Somehow waking up to it has already made her day, she can't imagine how life will me be like if they ever live together. She hopes Renjun doesn't mind that she slept here, Haechan had told her to sleep here saying that it would be weird if she slept anywhere else as Renjun had already taken the couch.

She finally gets out of bed, after a while of shuffling around, not wanting to leave the comfortable blankets. She has a schedule at 10 am so she has about 4 hours, and she would like to head back to the dorm before then to take a shower and get ready for it. But she still has enough time to make the boys some breakfast before she heads off. Jaein makes Renjun's bed, arranging his plushies on it, so that they're ready to greet him when he comes in. She tries not to spend too much time in his room, admiring his drawings or looking through his collection of pens, just in case her curiosity leads her to looking through more of his stuff. The rest of the dorm is quiet as she walks through the hallway that lead her to the kitchen/living/dining area of the dorm. Renjun is still fast asleep on the couch, wrapped in blankets that Jaein had tucked him into. Jaein had always found him so peaceful when he slept, but this time he just looks...adorable. She smiles before going over to the kitchen, looking into what they could possibly eat. She decides on pancakes, as it's easy to make and they happen to have all the ingredients she needs.

Jaein places the batter onto the pan, humming in excitement as she watches them cook. As she gets ready to flip the pancake the sound of the door code interrupts her, and with that a teenage boy enters the dorm wearing a white hoodie pulled over his head, he had evidently just woke up as he yawns while walking into the kitchen, yet to notice Jaein.

"Morning hyung, my parents sent me here cause they had to go to work and didn't want me to stay at home." He says. Jisung, she recognises. She had seen him a few times when she used to hang out with Haechan, and she finds it amazing how much he can grow in two years, but she is yet to be properly introduced to him. She watches as he looks through the fridge, before he closes it with a sigh. "That smells nice."

"Would you like some?" Jaein asks.

"Yeah." He looks at her, before doing a double take. He gasps loudly, stepping back with a hand over his mouth. If he wasn't awake he definitely is now. "I UH- WHA--HUH?"

Jaein bows, greeting him with a smile. "Hi! I'm Jaein."

"P-Park Jisung." He stutters, his hand still covering his mouth. "I'm a big fan."

"Really!?" She finds that surprising considering this kid is way more impressive than she is, he also knows she dated Mark so he should have an idea of what kind of person she is.

"Yeah ever since you guys debuted." He answers, still shy. Jaein flips the pancake before it has the chance to burn before turning back to Jisung. "Also why are you here?"

"Oh that. Because of Renjun." She says as she put the pancake on a plate and pouring more batter into the pan.

"Wait you guys are actually dating?!" Jisung asks in shock.

"Who's dating?" Renjun yawns as he makes his way towards the kitchen, most likely awoken by the loud conversation they were having. He looks up at Jisung and Jaein, his eyes widening. "Oh my god you're still here—and you're wearing my shirt."