31

The beauty is too much to handle^^

———

"It's been a while." Jaein says giving her brother a steady bow.

"It has." He bows back to her as she ties her hair, preparing herself for the conversation ahead. She's been wanting to talk to him about it for a while, she just didn't know how to start.

Ever since the two had the same dream of becoming an idol, everything had turned into a competition between them, whether they noticed or not. They were both extremely competitive and loosing was never really an option, especially for Jaehyun.

"So...Renjun." He starts, getting into his stance.

"Renjun." She says as she does so too.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He says as he attempts to kick her over her head, in which she easily dodges.

"Well." She gives him a small kick to his side, unsure of why she didn't tell him from the start. "I think I was scared to be honest."

"Why? I could have helped you two" Jaehyun blocks her as he furrows his brows, sounding slightly offended. "I know you don't like telling me things but you should trust me with that at least."

"I didn't want you to get involved." She replies. "I can solve my own problems."

"I know you can." He comments. "I just don't want you to go through everything alone, the way you did back in high school."

"I wasn't exactly alone. Mark and Haechan were there." She reminds as Jaehyun smiles sadly. She's never seen him look like that before, which worries her slightly.

"I'm sorry about everything." He blurts, dropping his fists.

"Yahh we don't need to get all sappy." She punches him lightly on the shoulder as he stands, unmoving. "Seriously, it's fine."

"It's just kinda sad that I ignored everything, like with mum and dad and Tam- that bitch." He sighs, looking down. Ever since they both developed a career their relationship has gotten much better than whatever it was in high school, and Jaein knew that he had pitied the way she got treated, but she never thought he could say it. She gives him a small smile, aware that this is a conversation they should have had years ago. It warms her heart knowing that he cares, but there isn't much he can do about the past. "I want to be able to protect you."

"I'll tell you things from now on. I'll let you know if Renjun ever does something out of pocket or if mum and dad hurt my feelings again or if anyone treats me horribly." She says. "You should do the same." Jaehyun complains a lot about things when they meet, but it's never anything too serious. She'd like to know what's going on with him too.

"I have a girlfriend." Jaehyun blurts out, making Jaein laugh at the sudden information. "But she isn't my soulmate, you beat me to that."

"I did." It came out like a question, as if Jaein herself couldn't believe it.

"Congrats." He put a hand out for her to shake. She stares at it for a while. "You won." Words she didn't think she would ever hear coming out of his lips. Somehow, her brother telling her that he cares about her wasn't as surprising as him accepting defeat, and that for once she has something he doesn't. He gives her a warm smile, his dimples showing. She takes his hand, giving it a soft squeeze. As much as she doesn't see finding her soulmate as an achievement, it was still something she could add to the never ending tally between them, one thing that differentiates them.

"You didn't kill Renjun did you?" Jaein asks, suspicious of how nice he is being.

"I was very close to doing so, the guys had to stop me." Jaehyun laughs. "Though I did tell him you used to leave the toilet door open when you pee."