24

"Wait who's he calling?" Mark asks as Renjun stands up, heading to his room.

"Hyung you wanna see some vids from the party?" He hears Jisung ask as a distraction. Renjun pulling out his phone, making sure to close the door behind him.

He scrolls through his contacts, hesitantly pressing onto her name. He chews on his nail, thinking over what he wants to say, which he has no idea of what he actually wants to say. He just wants to talk to her. His thumb hovers over her number, taking in a deep breath, he presses it. He brings the phone up to his ear, getting more and more anxious at each beep.

"Renjun." Her voice says in relief. Renjun swallows at the sound of her voice calling his name. It's as soft as it's always been, though it's only been a few days, he really wishes he could constantly surround himself with it.

"Hey." He says back. His mind going blank. He still has no idea what to say.

"I'm sorry." She apologises. "I know I should have told you and I understand if you're mad at me."

"I was pretty pissed off." Renjun blurts, wanting to kick himself for it. "I don't know if I still am."

"It's okay if you are."

"I don't want you to be okay with it." He says desperately. "I don't want to be mad at you." He's tired of being the one who feels this way. He spent a lot of the week staring at his phone, waiting for a text from her. He didn't care if it was an apology or not, he just wanted her to be the one to guide his emotions.

"Renjun." She starts. "I waited for you to be ready to talk. Three days of just wondering what you thought about me. I— I didn't know if you were shocked that I dated Mark, if you hated me for not telling you, if you wanted me to message you or not. If it wasn't for Hyuck I would have no idea about why you were even mad. Sure I should have told you I dated Mark, but you should have told me how you felt about it." She rambles, Renjun keeping silent as he pays attention to her words. The guilt rushing back into his stomach. He definitely isn't mad anymore, now he just feels bad.

"I just didn't know what I would have ended up saying if I talked to you. I was both jealous of Mark and mad at everyone for not telling me." He admits, letting out a sigh. "But then I realised I shouldn't be allowed to be mad at you."

"No it's only valid that you were mad I just—"

"I think I did something worse." He lets out, remembering Haechan's words from the other night.

Either you tell her or she finds out a way she really wouldn't want to

Jaein stays silent, waiting for his explanation.

"W-well there was this one day when you came to the company, and I know it was you because I got told that you were Mark's...girlfriend." He starts, mumbling his words slightly. "Uh anyways, do you remember a kid with an ugly mid part?"

"The cute snaggletooth kid—that was you right?" She asks, unsure of where the story is going.

"Yeah that was me." He answers, glad that he isn't the only one who remembers the encounter. "Well that day you dropped something..., your usb." He says, he clasps his hand at the back of his neck, anxiously waiting for her to realise what he was referring to.

"Are you saying you had it this whole time?" She asks seriously, Renjun now well aware that he may have just turned the tables.

"Yes." He gulps. The feeling he felt when he found out she dated mark made a comeback, except this time it wasn't him who was feeling it.

"And you didn't think to give it back? If you knew I was Mark's girlfriend why didn't you just give it to him? Or even Haechan or Jeno?" She interrogates, the feeling of betrayal bubbling within her. He knew how important it must have been to the owner considering everything that was on it. Yet he didn't think about how she'd feel about loosing it. He doesn't say a word, scared of making things worse. "Don't tell me you went through it." Her voice cracks slightly, Renjun confirming it by staying silent. "Did you do it before or after you knew it was me?"