15

"This is so stupid just confess already!" Renjun yells at the tv, startling Haechan who was simply trying to enjoy the show.

"No it's meant to be like that, it's cute." Haechan argues. The two were watching a drama, one that Jaein is in to be exact. She's only been in one so far, but this is the first time Renjun has come around to watching it. The drama is called 'monotone' and is pretty much about an emotionless high schooler who keeps to himself, but he goes through many obstacles that lead to him starting to show emotions, such as love and sadness. Renjun appreciates the premise, and he thinks it's genuinely good, it's just that the main guy really knows nothing about love or how to express his feelings for his love interest.

"It's painful."

"Says the guy who rejected his soulmate for a year." Haechan scoffs, earning an aggressive nudge to his side. "Ow!"

"I was dumb." He admits.

"Yeah and so is this guy," Haechan points at the tv where the main character was in full view. "You should be more understanding of his situation."

"Nah were different, he genuinely doesn't know what he's doing and I knew but I just chose to ignore it." He explains, receiving a blank look from Haechan.

"You do realise that makes you worse than him right?"

Renjun attempts to come up with with an answer but is interrupted by the sudden sound of a knock on the door. Renjun and Heachan turns their heads, looking at the door before looking back at each other, confused as to why someone would be at their door this late at night.

"It could be one of the 127 guys?" Heachan says, shrugging.

"Why though?"

"I don't know, just go open it." Haechan tells before Renjun gets up from the couch, going over to the door, he didn't want to tell Haechan, just in case he was wrong, but he sensed Jaein. He could somehow feel her close by. He swings the door open, a smile immediately growing onto his face when he sees who it is, glad that his soulmate senses never seem to fail.

"Hii~" Jaein exclaims before engulfing him in a tight hug. He wraps his arms around her as he swings her around happily, she is like a sudden wave of joy, no matter how happy he is, somehow her presence can bring it to a whole new level.

"I thought you were busy with schedules." He says as he puts her down, forgetting how to breath when she took off her mask, continuously being amazed at how beautiful she is.

"I always have time for you." She smiles. He puts a and over his mouth, wanting to scream over the simple comment.

She looks over to the living room, finally noticing Hachan who had been watching them with an absent look on his face. "Oh hey." She greets.

"Hey." He says back. "I can leave." Haechan looks over at Renjun, who nods aggressively.

"Wait stay." She says, looking over at the tv. "You guys are watching monotone!" She takes Renjun by the hand, dragging him to the couch as she plops herself next to Haechan, making Renjun sit next to her.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe Renjun hadn't watched it yet considering you were in it." Haechan exposes.

"Well I haven't watched Nct dream life either so that kind of makes us equal." She looks over at Renjun, who is too busy staring at their interlocked hands.

"I can't believe you've met Jo Jung Sook." Says Haechan, watching Jaein's interaction with him on screen.

"I know right, I couldn't believe he was real when I first saw him." She agrees, "Cause I'm so used to seeing him on tv that it was just weird that he exists outside of it." She laughs with Haechan.