33

🏢
———

Jaein leans on the back wall of their practice room, watching as the group dances charismatically, all of them keeping their professionalism even during a dance practice.

All except for Renjun who couldn't help but give her a wink when he had to turn in her direction. She snorts lightly at the gesture, finding it adorable as he continued to dance effortlessly to their song 'stronger'.

They are preparing for their upcoming asia tour, and Jaein had decided to come by to watch, as these days, she has a mound of free time to use, due to the fact that she is officially on a hiatus. It was a collective decision, made by Jaein, her company and everyone involved, as they all believed that it was for the best. The attention recieved due to the case was overwhelming, and though she tried her best to focus on the positive, it was hard to ignore the backlash she received from it as well. It seemed like many had felt the need to voice their distaste for Jaein's act of self-defense, they believed that it was a very reckless decision for her to make at the time. Jaein doesn't really care, in fact she would gladly punch Tami in the face again, but she knows the next time she'll see her would be in court anyways, which is way better than a punch.

"That was hot." Jaein teases as Renjun come up to her, barely sweating as he dabs at his forehead, giving her a beaming smile.

"Just wait babe, we're doing dripping next." He says with a smirk before downing a drink of water, Jaein's face heating up lightly as she watches him, the way his shirt hangs loosely against him, the hand that made it's way up to his damp hair as he brushed though it, gulping the water down.

"Can't wait." She says back.

"Jaein, are you coming to one of our shows?" Jisung asks, forcing her eyes away from Renjun.

"Wait, do you have to some with us? Since you two are soulmates." Jaemin comes up from behind Jisung, asking her curiously.  "I'm pretty sure Taeil brought Shua to America."

"He did, but she's technically an sm staff member." Haechan clarifies. "Jaein might be a little harder to hide, considering who she is."

"We'll use those long distance soulmate pills." Jaein answers as she watches Renjun momentarily frown. "But I will visit at some point, maybe spend a few nights with you guys."

"Ugh I hate those things." Renjun shivers slightly, remembering the time where he was forced onto them. Jaein swings an arm around the boy, pinching his cheeks as he gives her a pout.

"You'll be having too much fun to even think about it." She reassures. "And it's not that long."

"It's almost two months." Jeno reminds with a light chuckle.

"You'll survive." Says Jaein before giving him a kiss on the cheek, causing him to smile shyly as his friends couldn't but tease the boy.

"My turn." Haechan says as he wraps his arms around Renjun's neck, pucking up his lips in Renjun's face as he tries his best to squirm away. The group were too busy laughing with each other to notice the body that entered the room, glaring at them with a deep scowl.

"The one time allowed to come here and this is what I see." Tami's thick voice speaks as the group stops, giving each other pissed off looks before turning around, eying the girl leaning on the wall. This is the first time Jaein has seen her, and based on the tired way she carried herself and her messy hair, she wasn't having the best time. Jaein has always thought she looked insane, but today she looks as if she had lost her mind completely. Jaein crosses her arms, lifting a brow as she walks across the room to one of the mirrors that could be used as cupboards, opening one up and pulling stuff out. "You should be thanking me, Jaein."