Chapter 39

Eimi's POV

Now that the weekend was here, it was time to do some last minute studying as well as some training to get both our minds and bodies ready for the exams. Katsuki and I were going to be meeting up with Kiri at a diner so he could help us study. Katsuki that is, if Kiri helped me, I probably would unlearn more than learning. No offence to Kiri, but like yeah, he wouldn't be much help.

I picked up my bag and walked down the stairs to find Katsuki already at the door and waiting. I put my bag properly over my shoulder before looking up at him.

"Aren't you going to bring some of your notes as well?" I asked while pausing in front of him. He looked down at me before getting an irk to his forehead.

"Hah? Why would I do that?" He huffed at me and I shook my head and lightly flicked his forehead. He stood there a bit baffled and blinked in silence. I took his silence as an opportunity to explain my reasoning.

"It would help if you brought your notes to look back on, or let us look at them to see what you did. It's all in 'the writing it down' that helps people remember."

He blinked a couple of times before looking back at me. He stared into my eyes before going a little red and storming past me. Not a few seconds later did he come downstairs with his notes in hand and went to open the door. I reached out and grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks. I held out my hand and he stared at it before I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Gimme the notes, I don't want them to get ruined on the way there. I'll carry them in my bag." I explained before he lightly handed me his notes. I opened the flap on my bag and carefully put them in, making sure not to get the covers folded on bumpiness of my bag. I slipped on shoes before heading out the door and having Katsuki lock it behind him.

He started down the path and took a right once we got to the sidewalk. 15 minutes passed and we were standing in front of the diner, that I personally chose since it claimed to have really good breakfast options. Katsuki pulled open the door and we both walked in. I stood there awkwardly since I don't really know what to do in these situations and Katsuki huffed before slightly ruffling my hair and pushing me towards a table.

He sat down at the booth then patted the spot beside him. I clued in and quickly sat beside him and took my bag off my shoulder. I opened it and pulled out mine and his notes before placing them on the table. A waiter then came over to us, menus in hand, and smiled before speaking up.

"Hello there," He handed us the menus and pulled out his small notebook. "Can I get you any drinks?"

I looked at the menu and opened it, starting to look for the drinks area before Katsuki distracted me by telling the waiter what he wanted as a drink, and mine.

"I'll have a coke and she'll have an ice tea." He lightly grumbled, being a little bit nicer to people working then those at our school. The waiter slightly looked at me for confirmation and I quickly nodded, stopping my search for the drinks.

"I'll be right back with those for you." He said before lightly bowing and turning away. I pulled the menu closer to me and hid my head in it before sighing.

"I'm no good at this.." I mumbled before Katsuki pulled the menu off my head and whacked my head a bit. I put my hands over the place he hit and whined.

"Why'd you do that." I pouted and he shook his head.

"It's not that hard to order at a diner." He said and I looked at him in disbelief. Has he forgotten I haven't been to a diner before. I didn't even get to go to one when we were kids.

I looked down at the menu in my hands before flipping the plastic covered pages.

"It is for me. I haven't been to a diner before." I sighed and Katsuki seemed to freeze at my words.