Chapter 38

Eimi's POV

After we got home, Katsuki and I put our stuff away and changed. I was wearing some sweatpants and a crop top that said 'Flaless' crossed out then underneath it 'Flawless'. And he was also wearing sweatpants, but paired his with a tight fitting tank top, or how the boys liked to say it, muscle shirt. He looked at my shirt for a minute before scoffing and walking down the stairs. I crossed my arms and huffed.

"I quite like this shirt, thank you very much."

I walked down the stairs and then into the kitchen to see Katsuki already pulling the meat out of the fridge. I walked over to his side and looked at the packaged meat in his hands. I looked up at him in question then asked.

"What kind of seasoning should we add to it?"

"Salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin and anything else we can find that goes well with the previous spices." He said with a blank stare and placed the meat on the counter before turning around and opening the spice cupboard. Boy does he know what he's doing. He didn't even hesitate to answer, and all those spices sound good together.

He handed me some of the spices before looking around and grabbing some more then turning back to me and placing them in my arms. He nodded at the amount of spices I had in my arms before he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to the counter where the meat was sitting. I carefully put the glass containers down while he brought the meat over to the sink to properly open the plastic and drain the blood that soaked the piece of meat.

Without sparing me a glance, he grabbed a cutting board out of the cupboard, a knife from the knife block, and slapped the meat on the board and starting slicing it into thin slices. It didn't take him long to be done with cutting the meat, and with his still meat-soaked hands pointed to the cumin then back at the meat. I blinked a few times before quickly grabbing the container and opening it slightly. I fumbled with the lid a bit, but did my best to be fast so Katsuki didn't get angry with me.

I then gave the cut pieces of meat a good sprinkling in the spice before he pointed to the other spices, then back at the meat. I looked slightly down at my feet before slowly grabbing them and copying what I did with the cumin. As I was doing that, Katsuki started to rub the spices into each piece before placing them in a bowl that seemed to be already on the counter. While he was doing that still, I decided to look for another spice that didn't make it's way into the spices that he chose and then held it in front of his eyes.

He looked at it, then back at me, then nodded. I slightly smiled before I shook a good amount of garlic powder into the bowl and watched him toss the meat, making sure to have all the pieces covered. I started putting the spices back, and by the time I was done, Katsuki was placing some plastic wrap over the meat to let it sit in the fridge and soak up the flavors.

He placed the bowl in the fridge and turned back, finding me staring at him. He squinted his eyes and walked passed me. I held my hand out slightly and slowly put it down. I looked at my feet before I found a tear falling onto the floor. I pulled my hand up to my face and felt the wet stream on my cheek. I rubbed it off and held in a breath before slowly letting it out, calming me down a bit.

"Stop being such a crybaby. You've been crying too much lately." I mumbled to myself before walking out of the kitchen and looking at the front door. I looked back at the stairwell, then back at the door. He doesn't seem to care what I do right now, so I guess I can leave for a bit.

I grabbed my shoes and quietly opened and shut the door. I quickly made my way down the path and out onto the sidewalk. I walked for a few steps before turning and walking down another path, but this time, it led to my house. I stepped up the front porch and entered the 5 digit code into the padlock, waiting for the lock to switch.