Chapter 23

Eimi's POV

Even though we had two days off in order rest from the Sports Festival, Shoto and I found ourselves standing before UA campus. After we had visited Mom and went home, I decided that we should speak to Mr Aizawa as soon as possible about our whole... situation and what was going on. I was still at Shoto's house because Fuyumi suggested that I stay the two days we had off to catch up about our lives, so I was able to walk with Shoto back to the school the next day.

I had called the office the day we visited Mom and they told us we could come in the next day at around noon. And well, it just happened to be around noon, so here we are. I softly grabbed Shoto's left hand as we started to walk to the front doors. I felt his gaze on me and I looked up at him, his face held a little concern and worry.

"Are you alright?" Shoto's calming and caring voice called out to me. I smiled slightly and nodded.

"Yeah, just a little nervous is all." I sheepishly said while looking down. I felt Shoto's hand tighten around mine a little more and I subconsciously smiled. It feels good to have a brother like Shoto. He's so caring, even if he's cold to everyone else. 

I looked up from the ground and saw we were about to enter the front doors. I took a deep breath and went to put my left hand on the handle of the door but Shoto beat me to it. He pulled the door open with his right hand and let me go in first, being the gentleman he was, then followed me in after. I made sure I still had Shoto's hand in mine as he lead us down the hall and to the teachers lounge where we were told Mr Aizawa would be waiting for us.

Soon enough we were standing at the door and I started to get the jitters. I fully grabbed onto Shoto's left arm instead of just his hand and I heard him sigh a little bit. He then knocked on the door and stated who it was.

"It's Shoto and Eimi, Mr Aizawa are you here?" He asked in his normal monotone voice. We heard a faint 'come in' and Shoto slid open the door. I tightened my grip on his arm and stood somewhat behind him. Once we were in the room, Shoto shut the door and I took this chance to look around. There were tables lining the walls as well as some in the center of the room, accounting for all the teachers in the school. There was also a little couch area they could sit in to relax a bit and not have to sit in their chairs all the time.

Mr Aizawa pointed towards the couches from his desk and we made our way over there. Shoto and I sat down on one couch and soon Mr Aizawa sat down on the couch across from us. I held onto Shoto's hand as Mr Aizawa cleared his throat.

"So, what's going on with you two?" He asked. I looked up at Shoto and he nodded. Looking back at our teacher, I started to explain.

"Uh, well, as you might be thinking already at this time. Shoto and I are brother and sister. Twins to be precise." Mr Aizawa nodded as he took out a clip board.

"Then what was the reason behind the wig and contacts when you started school? I noticed your natural hair and eyes during the entrance exam, as well as your quirk. Though it seemed to have slipped some other teachers minds at the sports festival."

"Oh, uh that... well. It's kinda hard to explain and I'm not to fond with it really." I said while starting to comb through the red part of my hair nervously, after letting go of Shoto's hand. I soon felt Shoto's warm hand on my head as he started to pet it. 

Aizawa's POV

I watched as Eimi visibly relaxed as Shoto started to pet her head in a calming way. From that small reaction I could tell that he cared for her quite a lot since he doesn't look like the caring type from what I've seen of him so far.

"I guess I can explain it instead?" Shoto asked while slightly looking at Eimi. She nodded and he looked back at me.

"The reason she wore a wig and contacts was because she was told by our Grandmother to conceal her identity in fear of my father finding out." Shoto continued, I looked at him a little confused so he elaborated more. Eimi tensed up but Shoto continued to pet her head to keep her calm.