Chapter 14

Uraraka's POV

I looked around the class waiting area as Present Mic yelled about the short festivities that would be happening for the students who didn't make it into the finals and couldn't find Eimi.

"Hey, has anyone seen Eimi anywhere?" I asked a group of my classmates. 

"Oh, I directed her to-" Shoji started to speak when Momo came running at me with some articles of clothing.

"Come one Uraraka! Put this on, we need to go!"

Before I could say anything I was rushed to change and out onto the arena. 

"We even brought in cheerleaders from America to get your blood pumping!" Present Mic yelled into the microphone.

"Hold up-" He started.

"What are they doing?" I heard Mr Aizawa's voice come out of the microphone as well. 

Everyone's eyes seem to travel to us while we stood at the side lines straight faced.

"Looks like Class 1-A is goin' full on fanservice!"

I sighed and looked down while Momo freaked out at Kaminari and Mineta.

"What?! You tricked us? You're gonna regret this!"

Momo then fell down to the ground and sighed.

"Why is it that I always end up falling for that little pervert's stupid schemes? I even used my Quirk to make these outfits."

I crouched down and patted her back.

"Ugh, I hate those guys!" I heard Jiro yell and throw her pom poms on the ground.

"Well, we do have a little time before the finals start, and I kinda like these uniforms, so... how 'bout we just roll with it!" Hagakure danced around excitedly.

"Are you crazy!?" Jiro freaked at her.

"Wow, Toru. You've got skills." Tsu complimented her.

I looked around at the stands.

"I still wonder where Eimi is though..." I said quietly.

"Have some fun competing in these little side games, everyone!" Present Mic called out into the stadium. I watched the screen as it showed the soon to be match ups for the finals.

"After they're over, the 16 students from the top four teams will be duking it out one-on-one in a tournament-style fighting competition! I promise you're not gonna wanna miss these epic match ups!"

Eimi's POV

We got over to entrance where we should be standing to wait for our next instructions when I stopped walking before I left the hallway. Shoto turned back once he didn't hear my foot steps.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked with a straight face, going back to being monotone in front of everyone. I peaked out into the stadium and looked around.

"I'm just not sure about going out right this moment. Can I just stand here for the time being?" I stumbled out. Shoto only nodded and walked out. I watched from the side lines.

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against. Then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start." Midnight called out to the students on the field.

Shoto quickly looked back at me and nodded his head. I hope he understood what I meant when I stared at him with pleading eyes. 

"The 16 finalists have the option of participating in those activities or sitting out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina." She said before she walked over to where Shoto and our team were.