Chapter 37

Eimi's POV

"Well, it's almost time for summer vacation. Don't get too excited. You can't just relax an entire month." Dadzawa said as he stood at the front of the class.

"Does that mean..?" Denki started but was cut off by Dadzawa, who had a bored look on his face.

"You'll be training while camping in the woods." He said and the whole class jumped up. Denki and Kiri yelled that they knew it while I leaned over at nudged Ura.

"I bet you can't beat me in a swim race." I said with a smirk.

"Oh you're on." She replied back and we pinkie-promised we would race.

"A big sleepover!" Mina exclaimed while jumping out of her seat and pumping her fist in the air.

"Baths!" Mineta added.

"Fireworks." Tsu said thoughtfully while holding her finger at her chin.

"Springs!" Mineta said, not listening to anyone else's thoughts.

"And s'mores!" Tenya added.

"Skinny dipping!" Mineta finally said his true motives and me and Ura looked at him with a dirty look.

"We've been training in cities, so these will be very different conditions for most of us." Momo voiced her expert opinion on the matter and I couldn't help but thinking about what she said.

"No matter what the environment, we must always remain vigilant. Yes, very wise." Tokoyami added to Momo's statement and I stifled a laugh at his serious demeanor. Toru then hoped over to where Ojiro and Shoji were standing at and said how excited she was about hanging out with everyone this summer. But then Dadzawa activated his quirk and got us all to sit down.

"However. Those of you who don't pass the final exam before the semester ends... " He trailed off to leave some suspense. "...will have summer school."

My eyes widened as I started to panic due to my math not being that good.

"Everyone, do your best!" Denki and Kiri both exclaimed while turning in their seats. I heard Katsuki say this was stupid from the front of the room and Mineta added that we girls better pass. I gave him the stink eye, as he was gross and also putting his hand on Izuku's shoulder. He soon saw my gaze and put his hand back on his desk. I nodded and looked away from him and back at Dadzawa.

He started to write on the board and tell us what we were doing today. Class went by in a breeze and the class bell rang.

"All right. That's it for class today." Dadzawa said while fixing a stack of papers in his hands.

"There's only a week left before your final exams begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right? Don't forget to keep training. The written exam is only one element. There's also the practical portion to worry about." Dadzawa explained as he walked to the door. He looked back at us before he left and shut the door. "Good luck." and with that, he left.

"I've barely even taking notes this semester!" Denki and Mina called out in a panic. Though Denki looked more worried than Mina was because her smile was hiding the inner panic. Everyone went around either complaining or cheering the others on. I remembered I got 6th place in the midterms. Right behind Shoto.

"It's hard to fail if you just pay attention in class." Shoto's voice caught in my ear and I jumped up, adding onto what he said.

"Yeah, and if you do. It's not hard to catch up if you have some help!"

Shoto looked at me and nodded before Denki fell over and gripped the material of his shirt that was around his heart.

"Why you gotta cut me down like that?" He complained while looking like he was beaten down to the ground.