Chapter 24

Eimi's POV

After the movie, Shoto walked me home and said goodnight then left for his house. I sighed as I watched him walk back down the path.

"You would never guess how emotional he is from what he's like at school." I said while he walked down the street.

Once I couldn't see him anymore, I went back into the house and closed the door. I walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water. I was expecting Gramma to come in a second later to join me but she didn't. Then I remembered, she's staying at the hospital until Dokami can come back home and she can watch him here. Auntie and Uncle both know what happened and are coming home in two weeks, a week earlier than they were supposed to be gone. But they get to leave a week earlier because of what happened to Dokami and I totally understand that. 

Once I finished drinking my water I put the glass in the sink and left to go upstairs to my room. There I saw the drawing I started of Shoto and I before the sports festival. I smiled at it and picked up the drawing pad. I still only need to darken the lines and use colour but I think I'll do that another time. Putting the book down, I walked over to my closet and opened it to get an old sweater that Dokami gave me cause it was too small for him. It's fits super big on me, but that's why I like it. But when I opened the closet, boxes and other random objects fell onto my head making me fall down in a mess of things.

"Owwww!" I whined as I rubbed my poor head. I picked up an old looking box and threw it at the wall. "Stupid box! Why you gotta ruin the vibe!"

I folded my arms around my chest and pouted before something shined into my eyes. I looked back at the box to find that when I threw it, the tape broke off and spilled the contents inside, leaving them all over my floor.

"Great." I mumbled sarcastically while crawling over to the now open box. When I got closer, I realized this was a memory box. Gramma made me these so I could look back at them whenever I wanted to get a blast from the past. Quickly grabbing my phone out of my pocket I checked the time to see that it was only 9:30pm. 

"I can look through this a bit and then go to bed." I said while plopping myself in front of the box and stuff on the floor. I started picking up random doodads and trinkets, letting memories flow back into my brain that I forgot even happened. I then realized that this was the memory box that was made before I got my quirk. So I was 4 when I played with all these things. While going through the items of my childhood, one thing stood out the most to me. And that one thing was a small picture frame, I would say no bigger than my smallest canvas, which is a few inches bigger than my phone in both width and length.

I gently picked up the picture frame, making sure that the throw didn't break the glass keeping whatever picture was inside. When I turned the frame over, all sorts of memories came and punched me in the face like one of Bakugo's explosions. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Once I calmed down a bit, I looked closer at the picture and gasped.

"Wait a second!" I yelled as the memory of the day this photo was taken played through my mind.

~Flashback time, Third Person POV~

A short and small girl with a snowy white bob ran and jumped around a large backyard with her friend that she has known since she was 2. The two children laughed and played together almost everyday since they didn't have to go to school yet because they were too young. 

One child ran ahead and climbed up the play structure that was built by the adults that were currently watching them. The little girl tripped and fell face first on the ground and started to cry. The other child quickly slid down the slide and ran over to her side, making sure that she was okay.