Chapter 21

Eimi's POV

Just as Tenya was making his first move my phone started to ring. Out of my peripherals I saw Ura look at me a little confused but I reached into my pocket anyways. I was a little confused myself because all my friends are here at the moment and Gramma knows I'm in the middle of the sports festival so why would anybody be calling me?

Once my phone was in my hand I looked at the caller ID and was even more confused.

"Why is my Gramma calling me?" I questioned as I felt a few peoples eyes on me. I got up out of my seat and started going up the stairs.

"Hey Ura, I gotta take this. Tell me what happens okay? I would stay but my Gramma wouldn't call me now without a reason, sooo."

"No, no, I get it. Go on ahead, I'll fill you in, okay?"

I nodded and quickly ran up the stairs and into the hall so I could answer the phone. I pressed answer and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Gramma, why are you calling? I'm still in the middle of-" I was cut off my a panicked voice.

"Eimi I'm coming to pick you up right now. It's an emergency." Gramma quickly said. I put on a puzzled face and started to ask why when I was cut off again.

"Dokami is in the hospital and he's unstable." She exclaimed with pain evident in her voice. I almost dropped my phone and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Wh-what?! I'm leaving now, I'll see you at the gate." I mustered the sentence and hung up. With my phone still in my hands I started running down the hall. Calculating the quickest way out of the building. My eye sight was getting worse due to all the tears in my eyes. I rubbed them while going down the stairs and I crashed into somebody.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." I mumbled while I looked down so whoever I ran into wouldn't see my face. Before the said person could respond I quickly ran pass them and into the hall that would lead me to the exit.

I rushed pass people and some heroes as I kept my mind on one destination. Where is the gate? I frantically looked around and finally saw it past a food stall and started to make my way there. As I was running, I saw people look at me with faces of confusion and worry. I think someone even tried to ask if I was okay but I ran past them without sparing them a glance.

I finally made it to the exit and I watched as Gramma's car pulled up to let me in.

"Gramma!" I yelled with the tears flowing harder since I saw her worried face. I pulled the door open and jumped into the passenger seat. I buckled my seat belt and started full on bawling. Gramma pulled away from UA and started on the way to the hospital.

"Do you kn-know what happened to hi-him?" I asked between hiccups as I looked towards my Gramma.

"Not everything, but what they told me over the phone is that he was attacked by someone but was rescued by a hero. And sadly that hero is also in very bad shape. They are currently in the same hospital getting emergency medical treatment." She stated as we came to a stop light.

"Do you know the heroes name?" I asked more clearly because I took some deep breathes to calm down a bit.

"I think the doctor said it was the Turbo hero. But I don't remember his hero name."

I gasped and covered my mouth. Tenya, I'm so sorry.

"You- you mean, Ingenium?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, that was his name. I hope he will be alright." Gramma said solemnly and nodded while staring down at my hands. I bawled them into fists and closed my eyes. I promised Dokami that I'd be able to protect him like he has for me. Not once has he failed me, but the first chance when he needs me, I'm not there.