Chapter 22

Shoto's POV

After the hospital visit with Dokami we were all supposed to go home. But there was a small problem... Natsuo still wouldn't let go of Eimi. As much as we tried to make him let go of her, he wouldn't let up and it seemed Eimi was fine with the idea of having our big brother hold her for longer. Eventually we all came to an agreement, Eimi would come home with me and Natsuo while Grandma would go back home and call our aunt and uncle to tell them of the situation.

Luckily the old man was going to be back home at a later date so nothing would happen when Eimi was there. We weren't ready to have her in the house with that angry man until things could cool down. Or as much as they would, given that he is a fire user. 

The whole way home Natsuo still wouldn't let go of Eimi but we forced him to at least have her on his shoulders as to not look that weird when walking back. Eimi looked to be enjoying herself as she basked in the glory of a new found height that was much taller than what she would normally see. I made sure to keep an eye on her as we walked in case she were to fall off, even though I knew that Natsuo had a firm grip on her ankles.

We were also pretty lucky that we had to go pass Eimi's house to get back to ours so we stopped by and got some clothes for the little sleepover we were having I guess. Since Grandma made it there before us she already had Eimi's bag packed so we didn't have to worry about Natsuo not letting her go to get her things. Natsuo carried Eimi's bag on his arm while I walked beside him. I offered to carry her bag since he was carrying her, but Natsuo refused saying that he missed out on helping Eimi her whole life with little things so he was starting now.

When we got to the front door, Natsuo reached into his pocket to get the keys out while Eimi finally seemed to have enough fun on his shoulders and wanted down. But the way she decided to ask to get off was something I honestly didn't expect any less of her. 

"Hey Shoto, catch me!" She yelled as she leaned back off of Natsuo's shoulders. I quickly moved behind her and caught her as she fell. Natsuo panicked and turned around to see Eimi laughing in my arms as I rolled my eyes. Just as I softly smiled I heard a squeal behind me. Knowing that it was Fuyumi, I put Eimi down and let the hugging commence.

Just as Eimi turned around, Fuyumi came crashing into her, which also caused Natsuo to fall over as well. Before I knew it, Fuyumi was crying while hugging onto Eimi and then Natsuo joined and held both of them in his arms. Eimi finally started to tear up from being reunited with her old brother and sister and held onto Fuyumi's shirt.

I quickly, but silently took out my phone and took a picture of the reunion then put it back in my pocket. I smiled and then looked down at Eimi and saw that she was holding her arms out to me. I questioned her baby tactics but complied anyways. I squatted down by my pile of sobbing siblings and opened my arms to Eimi. She squeezed her way out from Fuyumi and Natsuo's grasp and grabbed onto my neck. I then stood up with her in my arms and that signaled for Fuyumi and Natsuo to get up.

"We should probably go inside, instead of crying on the door step." I suggested as Eimi rested her face in the crook of my neck. The others nodded and grabbed their things to go inside. Once inside I took off my shoes as well as Eimi's and made my way to my room, with Eimi's bag in hand. I put her down and gave her her bag and she looked up at me with a small amount of tears in her eyes still.

"You can use my room to change out of your gym uniform and into some pajamas." I said softly and patted her head.

She nodded and opened my door and then closed it once she was in. I walked back to the living room to find Fuyumi wiping her tears while sitting on the couch. Natsuo came from the kitchen with a tray of water and cups and sat them down on the coffee table. I sat down beside Fuyumi and leaned back into the couch, finally catching my breath from everything that happened today.