Chapter 31

Eimi's POV

After Shoto and I had our little talk and sibling moment he had to get up to go to the bathroom. He quietly got up and left to the small room connected to our room that I figured was the bathroom. I pulled myself up and moved my pillows so my back wasn't in pain. I pulled the hospital blanket over my lap and closed my eyes.

I sighed and let my mind start running through all the actions and situations I was in the past couple of days. Now that I think about it, I really should have gotten hurt way worse than I did, possibly even dead. I guess I'm just lucky, nothing I can really say other than that. As I was thinking my eyes shot open and I frantically started looking around the room.

"What are you doing?"

"Ahhhhh!" I yelped and covered my face with my hands. I opened my fingers and looked through the crack, only to see Shoto looking at my with a bit of confusion in his eyes. My hands fell down and I gasped for air.

"Shoto... you scared me." I found my hand resting over my heart and it was thumping like crazy. The room fell into an awkward silence until I remembered what I was doing and I looked to Shoto.

"Hey, have you seen my phone? I promised someone I would text them last night after patrol but... you know what happened..." I awkwardly laughed and Shoto's eyes softened. He then bent down and pulled a bag out from no where and handed it to me.

"The old man brought a bag of things for you since you most likely won't get out of here for a couple of days. It should have your new phone and charger in it, also some clothes and other necessities." Shoto said with his monotone voice. I looked up at him with a thankful smile.

"Thanks Sho."

"No problem." Shoto said as I opened the small bag. It was just as Shoto said, I found clothes, my charger, my phone and some bathroom supplies. I snickered a bit when I found some pads and tampons. I didn't pack any because I just finished that week, but they probably didn't know that, I'm also guessing dad had one of his sidekicks make this care package for me, since he wouldn't know what to put in here.

I carefully took out my phone and charger from the bag then realized what Shoto said. I looked up and at Shoto who was sitting on his bed with his phone in his hand.

"Wait, so did my phone not make it? Is this why I have this new one now?" I asked with slight sadness. Without looking up from his phone Shoto nodded and replied.

"Yeah, though he had someone transfer all of your data and photos onto the new one so you don't have to worry about setting it up or that you don't have any of your contacts."

"I see..." My voice trailed off and I looked at the phone in my hands before gasping. "This is the newest model of smart phone!"

I glanced over to where Shoto was sitting and all he had was a small smile on his face. I looked back at the phone in my hands and turned it on. When the screen flashed I saw a couple of text messages. I quickly opened the texting app and was about to text someone but stopped when I saw a text from someone I didn't have in my contacts before this.

Dad? I thought as I tapped on his message then read it.

Enji Todoroki: When I got you your new phone I had them add my number into your contacts. You'll be in the hospital for a couple of days, no questions asked, you stay until your healed. No coming back to your internship, I'll have Shoto inform you of what happens on the daily so you can at least learn something from him. If there is something I missed while gathering things for your bag you can just tell one of the nurses and they will get it for you.

My eyes widened and I stared at my phone in shock. So he was the one to pack my bag. Well, I guess it makes sense, he has been around Fuyumi. I decided to text him back, saying that I was awake and felt somewhat better.