Chapter 18

Eimi's POV

I sat nervously waiting for Ura and Bakugo's fight to begin while Deku came back from talking with Ura, along with Iida who was behind him. Deku moved passed me and Shoto and sat down in Ura's seat so he could talk to me or rant about anything that happens in her battle.

"So did she like the plan you gave her?" I asked while turning my head to look at him. "I thought it was pretty good." I added.

Deku shook his head no.

"She said she didn't want to rely on me to get by and that she'll do this on her own. I just hope she doesn't get hurt to badly since Kacchan won't hold back, even if she is a girl."

"Oh.." I said trailing off a bit. I felt a pat on my head and turned to see Shoto smiling a small smile, I sadly smiled back and looked forward just to hear Present Mic start to introduce the final match of the first round.

"The eighth and final battle in the first round of matches. He was kind of a hot shot in middle school. And just look at that determined face! From the hero course, Katsuki Bakugo." Present Mic yelled out, introducing Bakugo while the screens showed his face.

"What kind of face is that, he looks like he's holding something in." I heard Denki say aloud and I snickered.

"Versus, the one I'm personally rooting for, also from Class 1-A, Ochaco Uraraka!" Present Mic finished the intros and the crowd went wild around us. I looked down into the field to see that Bakugo's lips where moving while he made eye contact with Ura. I sat a little bit more forward as if that was going to let me hear what he was saying, though that wasn't the case.

I saw Ura kinda get surprised and then bunch her fist, getting a determined face on. I couldn't hold on much longer and was getting really nervous for her, so much that I jumped out of my seat and to the ledge. I tried to jump off so I could give her a hug and threaten Bakugo but I felt two strong arms hold me back at the waist.

I knew I wasn't going to get out of this so I yelled down in hopes that Ura would hear me.

"Do your best Ura! I believe in you more than anyone else here!"

Uraraka's POV

I heard Eimi call out to me and I looked up at the area where our class is sitting to see Todoroki standing and holding her by the waist so she couldn't jump off to come towards me. I couldn't help but smile at her actions as I saw Deku freak out and grab her arm to help Todoroki pull her back down into her seat. I saw her struggle a bit more until Todoroki flicked her forehead causing her to let go of the railing and hold her head instead.

"Shooottooo, why would you do thatt." I heard her whine as I saw Todoroki say something and she reluctantly sat back down but gave me a thumbs up before my attention was brought back to Bakugo.

"Let the eighth match begin!" Present Mic called out and I knew that was my queue to start.

I started running straight at Bakugo in hope to catch him off guard.

"Giving up isn't an option for me!" I yelled still running at him.

"And now you die."

I continued to run at him and I watched as he lifted his right arm back to counter attack. There! Here it comes! If I can dodge this move... then his attack hit me straight on. It blew me back a bit but I wasn't hurt. I stood up and wiped my eye to get the dirt out.

"Stupid. Saw it coming and I still couldn't get out of the way." I said to myself as the dirt cloud started to clear up a bit.

"You shoulda dropped outta the match." I could hear Bakugo say from not so far away. I quickly took off my jacket of the gym uniform to reveal my black tank top. Before Bakugo could do something to find me I threw the jacket towards him as a distraction, making sure to float it with my quirk so it wouldn't fall on the ground before he could realize its not actually me, but a decoy.