Caring For

Melissa and I got called in at 5:30 am, after an accident with three cars and a truck went off the bridge due to ice on the road, so the only people I could count on to take care of Savannah was Chris. "Are you sure you want to leave her with these people." Pulling up to their house, Melissa kept asking questions about who they are and how I know them, "They're only friends of mine Mel, they know Savannah and they wouldn't dare to hurt her, she'll be safe here until we come and pick her up."

I take out her car seat, sitting it on the floor. Mel brought me her bag, "It looks like they've been awake for hours, the lights are still on." Just then Chris and Victoria come out of their house and introduce themselves to Mel. "Well we leave you here with Savannah, she doesn't really do much but sit their and eat all day, so you won't have much to worry about. Either Rafael or I will come to pick her up in the after noon." Chris picks up Savnnah , while Victoria talks a little bit with Mel. "She seems pretty nervous about leaving her here with us." "She's just a new mom, that's it." Chris gives me a questionable look, "You've been dreaming about her, haven't you." My eyes were dark and almost to the point of closing, but flutter at the thought of what happened yesterday. "It all felt so real, her being in the house. But then when I heard Savannah crying, she wouldn't let me up to her room. And then when she got ahold of my foot she pulled me and I became unconscious, waking me up."

We stare at the ladies, still talking about 'nothing'. "I don't how she's doing it, but it's like she's haunting us." Chris and I don't say anything anymore, "Rafael, it's time to go." We say goodbye to the Argents and say goodbye to Savannah who is fast asleep, before leaving.

"There're not so bad, very loving people." Melissa and drive drive to work with the radio blocking the silence.

Chris POV

"Does she know about Savannah." Victoria guides me up the stairs to our room, "No, but Rafael is having nightmares about Kate." She stops in the middle of the hallway making me almost bump into her, "Why?" "I don't know, but I have a feeling that she wants to make him feel guilty for what he did."

We put Savannah in her crib that we got for her when she first stayed with us. "Well at least Kate won't bother her here, let's get some rest."

Having 5 more hours of sleep, we both wake up in a better mood than what we first had hours ago. Savannah was in the living room playing with some toys we got for her, and Victoria in the kitchen cooking up breakfast, "You seem to really like her." She keeps cutting tomatoes for the omelet, "She's very quite, doesn't like noise. Something that we both share." I sit near Savannah and turn on the local news, '4 people dead from the crash earlier today.' The bodies were being put in bags and taken to the local hospital. "Wow that must have been one hell of a crash." I look over and see that Savannah is biting a toy, "You like biting don't you." She smiles and then throws the toy back on the floor.

I take a second look at the toy, and see that she ripped the toy with her teeth, deep and sharp indentions were made. I pick it up , and take it Victoria, "She got the bite, Victoria. Savannah got the bite." We freeze, still trying to comprehend about what we just saw. "So she's a werewolf? Kate's daughter is a werewof." I shake my head repeatedly, "She was bitten while she was pregnant, but it didn't effect her. Instead it effected Savannah." We turn to look at her, still playing with her toys, "I need to take her to someone who knows about her kind better than us." 

Victoria brings Savannah out to me while I get her car seat ready, "You make sure you don't leave her alone with them." I nod before carrying Savannah. "I will."

The drive to where I was going was about 15 minutes from our house, but not by the woods. Passing by couple running trails and the back of Beacon Hills High School, I arrived at their house in the knick of time. 3 cars were parked outside, Talia's brother was playing with her kids on the front porch. I had a moment to myself before stepping out of the car, "It's gonna be okay Savannah, You'll be safe." I turn to look at her.