The River

I woke up at about 6:35 in the morning, with a burning pain on my ribs. "Damn.." I throw off my covers, a few of my pillows fall on the floor. I pick up my sweats before heading out of my room and down to the kitchen. Going down the stairs, I smelled blood. A few drops were on the wood flooring, Laura's lights in the bathroom were on. I press my ear on her bedroom door, and the sound of two hearts beating were the only thing I could hear. I open the door quietly, peaking my head through. "Andrew?" Laying down on the bed, he looks up at me. "Savannah..you're up." He says into the bathroom, when the water suddenly stops.

His eyes flutter off of mine, "Laura?" I walk to the bathroom, when she pops out of nowhere. "Yeah? What are you doing up?" She's barely wrapping the towel around herself. Her face looks calm, but then my eyes focuses on the cut that's on her lips. "So you wouldn't know who's blood that is on the floor?" I question. But still nothing. I walk over to the door, reopening the door and turning on the lights for the hallway. I point to the drops, trailing up the stairs and into her room.

"Most have been Kali's? She always working so hard." I gave up. "Okay then. It's nice to see you Andrew.. again." I close the door behind me and return to the blow torch.

When I go into the kitchen, I hear the sound of a gun. They pull the safety down, and lock it. "Keep it here." They say. Grabbing the blow torch, and push the button, and look at the blue and green flames. Lifting up my shirt, I put the fire close enough, and it starts to boil my skin. Seconds later, the tattoo reappears. "You got another one?" Laura stands in the kitchen. "Yeah." I put the blow torch on the counter. "You said no more tattoos when we were in Beacon Hills."

"You did hear yourself right? Beacon Hills. When we 'were' in Beacon Hills. This is Portland, Oregon." She strides to the torch, facing it towards me. "I'll burn it off.." And triggers the flames. "Do you really want to do this? In our brand new kitchen?" She flashes her eyes, "Yep." She runs towards me, but I bend over, turning my self around, and sticking my arm out for her to hit and fall down. The torch rolls out of her hands, and I step onto her ribs. "Don't lie to me next time when I ask you about the blood of the floor, or the gun behind your back."

I flip her over, still pressing down on her, and take the gun away. "I don't even want to know who gave you this gun in the first place. Get to bed. You have training tomorrow." I take out all the bullets in the chamber, letting them fall next to her face. "Goodnight."

The Next Morning.

Kali and Laura woke up early, leaving me and Andrew alone at the house. He was down stairs watching the local news by the time I went down for breakfast.

"So do you care to tell me, how Laura and you were attacked last night? And how she got a hold of a gun?" I sit down on the recliner, eating my cereal. His eyes roam down towards his hand not the remote, while he hears my teeth crunching down the cereal. "Some guy named Alex attacked her at the airport, they fought, and then a bullet was pulled. Alex ran away with his friends, while this guy named Chris came out of the dark. He took us home, and helped me up the stairs. That's how she got a gun, he gave it to her." He finally spoke up.

"Do you know why he attacked her?" He shakes his head, "All I know is that he wasn't very happy when they fought. He kept looking at his very young girl on the other side of the garage." In my head, I thought about Alex and Mia, how they were both siblings. She had ruined his plan to attack Laura and I, but it all went down hill when I found out and kicked them out. "He's angry because I kicked them out, now they're targeting Laura." The front door opens, and Kali and Laura come with several members of my pack.

"What are you guys doing here?" Allison, James, and Max, stand beside them. "They wanted to ask you something.." I set my cereal aside and tell them to take a seat.