First Loss

It had been weeks since the first day of school, and things have gotten alot better. Emma and Derek learned that they can't protect me, and that this is my fight as well, its my family problems that I have to deal with, not theirs.

Swim practice had just ended, and I went straight for the showers. Emma already left for work, so I has driving home alone tonight.

My ears go full hybrd mode when the door to the aquarina opens. Their footsteps walk around the water, carefully stepping down the concrete. I finish washing my hair, and wrap myself in a towel. They come closer to the door, their breathing isn't very clear. Taking uneven breaths the closer they come to the girls locker room.

I rush to dress myself, only getting my shorts and sports bra on, when two cold hands wrap around my waist and mouth. They press me against them, but I kick them back towards the other side of the locker room. "Ow?" They say, I fall as their hands leave my body. I run to my backpack, and grab a dagger. Turning around I see Derek crawling towards me, "Now I know why you're the Captain." Breathless, I help him up and sit him on the bench. "Sorry, maybe next time you won't wrap your hands around me as if you're trying to kidnap me?"

"Well what if I was? Maybe I wanted to kidnap you on a date?" He raises one eyebrow, "At 7...56 pm. When I look like this, and you just got your butt slammed on a locker." He chuckles, "Yes, even if these events happened. Will you go out with me tonight? Right Now." I run my tongue on the back of my lower teeth, "Hand me my shirt." He throws me, my navy long sleeve, along with my shoes. "Hurry, before the sun goes down."

He puts my bags in the back of his car, then grabbing my hand and leading me into the woods. "What's with you and the woods? You always want to go out here?" He helps me over a fallen oak tree, "I grew up around the woods, my mom forced me to love it. And plus? Aren't hunter suppose to love the woods as well?" He made his point. I did like the woods, but that was because he took me to our favorite spot. Today he's not, it's another trail, one that I was warned not to go alone.

The warehouse that Talia met her pack in, stood a few meters away from us. The lights were off, and the double doors were wide open. "I was meaning to bring you here, but I hesitated." He looks at the view in front of us, "Why? I've been here before." He walks to the entrance, stopping in the middle on the room, and looking up at the chains that hanged on the ceiling. "What?" He asks me, "Blood. Lots of it." I look around at the clean floor, Derek tries to see what I see but can't. I see a body hanging from the top, and their blood spilling all over the floor. "Hey, there's nothing here. We're alone, let's enjoy it."

He kisses me sweetly on the lips, before the sound of cars drive nearby. "Deucalion.." I whisper. I grab his hand, and run to the opposite entrance. He enters with his pack, one after the other more packs arrive. Derek and I hide behind the bushes nearby, "How many packs does your mom have?" We watch as they all circle around the back entrance. "A lot." He says. They all turn their heads, and smoke emerges from the ground. A black wolf comes through, slowly shifting into human form.

Talia.

She walks after she's transformed, meeting Deucalion in the middle with a wrapped dress. "Thank you." She says. "Let's go." Derek grabs my hand and walks me out of view.

We enjoyed the walk, feeling the wind hit our skin. Seeing the moon shine below us, and the stars shine millions of light years away. We stopped near a flat rock and sat down. "Do you ever think what will happen in the future?" Derek's question brings curiosity to my mind. 'What does the future hold for me and him?'

"Sometimes. When I see how others have followed this path that they think is life, I wonder if I'm going through the same type of path. Then I realize that it's different for everybody." I lean my head on his shoulder, "I think about school, what I'm going to major in? Then I think of the type of family I'm going to have, my wife, my children. Then I think about us..maybe we'll get married after school, have kids?" I look down at Derek's hand, he skims his thumb on my knuckles. "Our kids...how many?" He shruggs his shoulder, "Doesn't matter. All long as you have them with me, I don't care how many we have."