Disapproval

After getting home I took a quick shower, and got dressed in a white and blue printed dress, with tan heels. I left my hair in a messy bun, natural makeup, the necklace that my mother had given me.

I walk down stairs to meet Victoria who is dressed in a black dress, bringing out her blue eyes and natural red hair. Chris and my father come down the stairs together sharing a simple conversation, "Ready. Oh Kate you look just like you mother in that dress, even with the necklace on. Not to mention Victoria, you always looks your best." He grabs each of our jackets and walks us to the car.

The restaurant that we are heading at was similar to the one Rafael and I first went to. But it wasn't Italian, it was French. Lady Madeline, French doors, and windows were symmetrical from one another. Paintings and furniture where distributed around the room, the host seats us in the middle of the dinning hall. I sit next to my father, while Victoria sits beside him and Chris to my right. "It's been almost a year here since we announced our engagement remember." Victoria grabs Chris's hand and caresses his hand. "And you two have been happy ever since. Hopefully with my next grandchild." We laugh at his joke, but he seemed very serious about it.

The appetizers came it was delicious, lightly toasted snails, and a few clams. When the main course appeared, we managed to eat it very slowly. "So Kate, how was Washington, DC. Was it colder than California?" "No actually it wasn't, but the agents working at the FBI were very nice and inviting. We managed to close the case and go to court in less two weeks." This caught the attention of my father, "Well you were there for a pretty long time, 3 1/2 weeks? What made you stay there?" Victoria's eyes narrowed to me, and I knew what she was thinking about, and I knew that with her I had to say it. "I met someone, and he helped me around town, showing all the new places. He works for the FBI, and I have gotten really close to him." My father stops eating and straightens his back. "Kate, you've only just met the young man, 3 weeks can't simply tell you that you should marry him. You should know this from past relationships of yours." I stop to breath for a minute, I don't know what to think about his response.

"Dad, he's very sweet, intelligent, and protective. I'm able to protect myself from those type of men you fear so much. I know him better than you think." He takes a sip of his wine before he answers me. "See men like that, smooth talkers will get whatever they want. And they soon do, they know exactly what their looking for every time and it seems like he found it. Your just another piece of meat to him Kate, I feared that letting you leave Beacon Hills without me was a mistake. It was you thinking about all this crazy thoughts about love at first sight. When it doesn't exist." The table is silent, Chris reaches for my hand but I don't let him, "Well what about you, you fell in love with mom younger than I did. And look where that got her, she left. I'm not going to marry one of your hunters just because it will make you feel safe that I'm being watched every second of the day." "I suggest you sit down, and eat the damn food on the table." I take a deep breath before sitting down.

We end our dinner with a few laughs coming from Victoria and my father.

When we arrive home, I head straight to my room. It feels like high school all over again, crying on my bed over a guy that I only just met a month ago. But I can't help it if I feel something, something that I can't explain.

6 Months Later.

My phone buzzez, its Rafael.

"Hello?" I hear voices on the phone, and cars passing by. "Kate. It's good to hear you voice." I shed more tears but try to be quite enough for him not to hear. "Hi. I've missed you so much." He chuckles, "You have no idea how much I miss you. How's California?" I get up to close the door, and walk to the bathroom, "It's fine, I catched  up with my family today. And I told them about you." "Really? What did they say." I wipe the make up running down my cheeks, "Kate? Is everything alright? You sound like your crying." "I'm fine just a little emotional from not hearing your voice, that's all." A car honk comes at the exact moment light appears from my window.