Revenge

"I'll see ya'll tomorrow." Laura drove out of my house and back to the school to pick up her brother. "You haven't met him, right? Since you've left?" Unlocking the door, my mom is talking on the phone with someone from work, "No, I really don't remember what he looks like." We put our bags in the living room corner, grabbing some chips and drinks from the fridge. "Savannah, Emma, do your homework when you get up there." she yells, "Yes Ma'am."

My room as the same as it did this morning, instead my clothes were picked up from the floor and put in the laundry basket. "I didn't know you draw." She picks up the drawing that sits on my desktop. "Most people don't." She goes through the pages, stopping when she sees the very last picture. "What does this one mean?" She turns the book over, bending the spine.

A girl in the drawing, rest her fingers on her cheek, running them down her collarbone. She has dark black hair, parted in the middle, small pieces of hair frame her face. The pastel runs down below her, almost like she was dripping, or pouring down to the ground. "I woke up one day, and I started to draw her. I never knew why did it, my dad, though it was because I was going through a change with Melissa, and I saw her." Her eyes wander to me and the drawing. "Has she called you?" I shake my head repeatedly, "She probably doesn't even know where I live anymore, I haven't had the nightmares in over a year."

My mom calls us down for dinner, "This is really great Mrs.McCall, I haven't had a home-cooked meal in days." We both look at each other than at my mom, who was in the middle of eating her food. "You are more welcome to stay in the house with us until your parents come home." Scott and Stiles start to argue about some game they lost in the living room, "Boys come here and finish your dinner before you start to play again." "We're almost done, Mom!" She bites her lip and puts down her fork, "Scott Mathew McCall. When I tell you to finish your meal, you do as I say." They immediately put down the controller and jog to the table.

"Mom, can Emma and I go for a walk outside?" She nods, grabbing our jackets, and our hats, we walk out to the sidewalk.

"I still can't believe Heather did that in front of you. Did you see Camden's face? It was like he was caught doing something he shouldn't have." I let her continue her conversation, but I was too busy messing with what was inside my pockets. "If she wants to play like that, then let her. I'm not going to stoop down to her level to grab the attention of Camden." Car headlights pass behind us, we look back to see black tinted windows. "I've never seen that car pass by here at night." She looks at me weird, "Maybe that's just some random person?" I watch them carefully as they pull in my driveway, "I know every car in this neighborhood, and that definitely isn't anybody's here." They don't park, but wait for a while and then pull back into the driveway and continue on.

We walked several blocks away from my house in 45 minutes, a few police cars passed by us, some actually stopped us and asked where we were going. "When are you planning on visiting the Hale's." I look up at the sky and noticed it was was a waxing gibbous, "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing them really soon." We walk back to my house, and already the light was off, the front door was open for us. Scott and Stiles fell asleep on the couch, so Emma and I pick them up and took them to Scott's room. "Has it been different for you, since he was born." I grab the nearest blanket, "Sometimes when my dad would hang out with him, I was up in my room drawing or playing the piano. I would hear them playing downstairs, sometimes I wish he would have never left her, maybe then we could have been an actual family."

That night Emma slept with me in my bed, and I didn't have any nightmare, but I did wake up from my phone going off in my jacket. "Hello?" They mumble on the other side of the phone, "Savannah?" I rub my eyes, getting out of bed carefully, "Yes, who's this." I sit at the tip of the stairs, "It's Camden. I stopped breathing for a second, "I know it's weird calling you at like, 4 am, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay. After what happened in the parking lot." My mom's light turned on and slid into the darkness, her shadow passes the bathroom, and closes the door. "Yeah, I'm fine. You really didn't need to call me, it's not like we're together." He goes silent, "Cam-" "Yeah No, what was I thinking, we're not together, but she still shouldn't have done that in front of you, it was uncomfortable for the both of us." Very low, I could hear his heartbeat quicken, and then slow down, "Well, Goodnight, I'll see you during class." I smile, "You too, Goodnight."