Eternity

The rain had passed, and the sun was shining through the roots. The ground was somewhat moist, but we didn't get one drop of rain of us. We slept on a blue blanket, while another covered us up. Derek's arm was under my head while his other arm was hugging my waist. My head laid on his chest, listening and watching his chest rise. Our clothes were thrown all around us, my jeans were near our heads, while my shirt was hanging on one of the roots.

"Good morning." He says, his voice sounded raspy. He brushes the hair out of my face, brushing my cheeks. "Good morning," I say back. He smiles down at me, before kissing my forehead. "It's a good thing we stayed here last night, seems like we both got some sleep." He rolls me on top of his chest, scratching my back lightly with his hand. "You look beautiful.." His eyes seemed to change a different color than before, "The rain made my hair curlier, so maybe that's it." He shakes his head, "No, that's not it." He grabs my hair, pushing it off my shoulders. "This. You right now, laying here with me. It makes you beautiful." He lifts his head up a little and kisses me.

We stayed laying down on the ground for a while, enjoying the silence. "What do you think your mom's going to say when we come back home together," I ask, running my fingers over his chest. "She might be mad that I left in the middle of the night, but then again, she might be happy that you found me, and that we came back together." He grabs my left hand, "You kept it, the ring." He turns it towards the sun, reflecting a bright rainbow on the wood. "I loved it, I couldn't throw it away." He brings my hand up to his mouth and kisses it. "I love this, us together. I will work for this, I promise."

We got dressed and walked into the woods.

The Hale family were walking, and sitting on the porch. Scanning the woods for any sign of Derek and I. "Where are they! Savannah told me that she knew the woods better than anyone, it wouldn't take her a whole night to come back home." Laura yelled at the distance. We walked from the right side of the house, "Hey guys." Derek says. His Mom and Dad come running towards us, hugging us both tightly. Cora and Laura were next, then the rest of the Hale's. "Thank goodness you guys are alive, we were going to send out missing person reports?" I nudge Derek at Talia's concern.

Derek grabs my hand, squeezing it tightly. "You're together..." Laura whispers, catching the attention of the family. They turn to us, while we stand side by side, looking back at them as well. "We worked it out." He said. An even happier celebration came from the Hale's again, "I'm happy for the both of you." Talia says as she hugs us at the same time. "I promised her, I will work for us." He whispers to me, but his parents heard as well.

Talia's sisters and aunts prepared lunch for everyone, soon after the whole 'scavenging' for Derek. I called my mom, making sure she didn't freak out about where I was. "Well, as long as you're with Derek and Talia, I'm happy. Have fun, you deserve it for looking after Scott. Bye sweety." "Bye, mom."

We ate lunch outside on the porch, Cora and her other cousins played in front of the house. "C'mon Savannah show us some soccer moves." One of them yelled. I put my drink down, and join them. I scoop up the ball with my foot, bouncing it on the top of my laces, then of my knee. "Oh, let me try." Another yelled. "Okay, I'm going to pass it to you, ready...go!" I bounce the ball to him, and he continues the bounce. "There you go! Now hand it over to someone else." He repeats the same thing, and in the end, we all passed it around the circle.

Laura, Andrew, Derek, and I played with the kids soon afterward. "Hey let's take a picture! Cora, you're in the front, then Sav, Derek, Me, and Andrew. Now separate, okay ready." She clicks on the timer and runs to her spot. The camera clicks down before flashing our eyes. Talia comes behind the camera, taking a look. "Cute!" She takes it off the stand and bends down to show us. "I love it." She yells.