Reincarnation

It was Saturday morning, and it was the day of tryouts for the Captain position. Mom had already left for work, and Scott was picked up by Sherriff Stilinkski. The sound of the morning radio vibrates around the house, Emma and I woke up early, took a shower and ate some leftover tacos from last night. "You have a lot of athletic wear? Are you like sponcered by them or what?" I laugh at her as I put my jacket over my sports bra.

"No, the old team I used to play for, bought me those stuff. Nike sponcered the team, not me." She roams around my closet and finds some special edition cleats only made for the Professional teams. "And this too?" The blood red cleats shine from the light of the sun, "Nope, I won those from a good old game of poker." She gives me a weird look before putting them down.

Smiling at her I grabbed my duffle bag and walked down the stairs, with her falling behind me. In the car, we managed to come to school in one piece, due to the fact that Emma dropped a taco. "Your Picking that Up, if your not Captain." I told her, pointing back to her door. She rolls her eyes, but stops suddenly when she sees a huge crowd walking to the feilds. "What are those people doing here? It's saturday! I'd would be sleeping right now, but I love this game to much." We passed the group and into the locker room. Bags full of workout clothes, shorts, bras, bandages, and cleats, Emma and I finished getting our cleats tied and walked to the fields.

The crowd that we saw outside was 3x's the size when we opened the door, "Why are they here?" Emma whispers, "Captain tryouts are the biggest tryouts of the year. Every team has one, and every team turns out to be good." Mia, a girl with red hair, and freckles, comes from behind Emma and stands below us. "And plus, some of them want to see the new faces we have this year." Emma and Mia whisper to each other before looking up at me. "What?" They chuckle before leaving me standing at the bottom of the stairs.

I feel the electricity down my body, my fingers start to tremble and get sweaty. "Savannah!" I look up, to see the swim team with posters, '#5' 'Go McCall' 'Let's go Captain.' All written and painted on the posters they carried. "Good Luck." They yell out. "Hey.." I turn to see Camden, with no shirt on. 'Let's Go Cap.' Is written over is clean, and perfectly chizzled abs. I feel the saliva in my mouth evaporate, but manage to spit something out. "Hi." He smiles before giving me a hug, "Be careful out there. You're gonna do great." He doesn't let go of me but squeezes my arms, "Why are you telling me to be careful?" He takes a deep breath before look over to Heather. "I overheard, that she's going to find some way of hurting you, before or during the tryouts. I just want you to be safe okay, for m- For the Team." I nod my head and go meet up with the rest of the girls.

Coach gives us the basic, 'No pulling hair, No shoving or pushing aggressively, and No hitting'. "I can't promise you that." I overhear Heather say, on the other side of the circle. Emma grabs my shoulder, "Don't let her get to you." She says. We break up into 4 groups, 2 groups of Captain Candidates, and 2 other groups of Co-Captain Candidates. We each get to have our own type of tournament, each team has to make a series of goals in order to go to the next round. And if you don't, one player has to kicked out, including the partner they entered the tournament. "You keep your head in the game, and don't let her get to you. This is our future on the line, promise." We got a couple of minutes to chat with our partner before were split, "Promise." We hug and say good luck before she leaves.

The tournament starts, and we begin with the Co-Captains first round. Emma defended the goal, and dribbled against the best on the team for her spot. The crown went wild when she finished the game, "That's how you do it! Great good Emma." She runs to me, "There's a place on the field that has a hole, be careful." She runs back to the locker room, to decide on which player leaves the team.

"Captain's ! You're Up." And at that moment I lost my lunch. Going on the field felt like the stage of the gladiators, with our knifes and spheres at hand. Our armor was our cleats, and shin guards, our helmets was our minds. It's a 50/50 game, you can't just skip a part of the game in order for you to win. "Good Luck." I hear Camden whisper, my eyes widen at the sight of Heather, standing in the same position of me, just opposite of the mid field line. Coach blows the whistle, and we are off.