Reality

It had been a week since the wedding, Laura and Andrew had just left for their honeymoon to France. So must of us had to return back in reality, meaning school, practice, and work.

Deaton called me in after school to close the clinic with him. He had a very busy day, clients came in with sick dogs, cats came in chocking on pieces of something. "Can you open the back door in a while. I'm waiting for someone." He asked. I grabed one of the keys, opening the backdoor. "Who are you waiting for?" I asked him, setting the keys back on the wall.

"You'll see." He sets back the cats that he operated on. "Go and get me the check in binder please." Walking into the foyer, watching the front door. "Here." I stop midway in the archway. A black wolf slowly ran through the back door, it bowed down to the floor, changing it's form. Second later, Talia emerged. Deaton came from the back room with a stack of clothes, "Good morning." He said to her. She wrapped the belt around her dress, before putting on her shoes.

"Hello Savannah..I came to ask you about your new pack, how is everything going?" She asks me, I lean on the counter facing the metal table, and also watching the both of them. I watch Deaton look at Talia from his periphial vision, smiling softly at her expressions. "Good, they called me this morning. Now I'm just waiting for summer to come so that I can go and see them." Talia whispers something to Deaton, but I didn't want to interupt. "Savannah can you head over to the local market and grab some prescription for Propofol." He gives me his card, grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

The drive to the Pharmacy back to the clinic didn't take very long. By the time i got back Talia and Deaton were already saying goodbye. "Okay well, I'll see you tonight with Deucalion." Said Talia. "Goodbye Savannah." I wave back at her. By the time she walks out the door, my eyes roam to Deaton, who is still watching her leave. When he turns back to me, he freezes. "What?" He places himself between the counter and the cabinet, "The way you look at her, like she's the only one in your sight."

"She's married Savannah, happily married with Michael." Placing his hand on a metal tray, he thinks. "How long? Have you had these feeling for her." I ask, "Since I've met her, but when Michael came into the picture, it all disappeared. She had his children, and I stayed behind. But I can't be mad, I spend more time with her, than she does with Michael anyways."

"Have you told her?" He eyes shoot up at me like beams, "No! It would ruin our relationship, I wouldn't jeoperdize that." The way he nervously talked about Talia or even talked to Talia at all, showed his feelings for her. I'm just surprised that michael hasn't notice, but I didn't want to bother Deaton anymore than I already have. "Okay, well I have practice. See ya tomorrow Deaton." I checked out near the back of the clinic and left out the door.

"How was work?" Emma asked, not even one step out my car. "Good..Talia came to visit me...and Deaton." I didn't see her reaction, "Why for?" I shurged my shoulders, "Idk work stuff." Coach Finstock was yelling at the girls to run faster, "We're going to get ran over because of you all." Some of the girls were barely gasping for air when they finished. "Thank god I came back when I did." I grabbed a soccer ball and flung it to the field. "Scrimmage! Shirts and skins." I yelled, "I got it coach." I whisper to him, he takes off his hat, walking back up the hill.

We had 5 minutes left until school ended and then I had to leave to Talia's. Some of the teams from inside came out to see us play, even the teachers. "Whoo, let's go girls." I heard one of them scream. "Downhill ! Run sharp !" I yell at my team, and in a few minutes we won the game. "Next time, I'm changing my team." a freshman said, "No you're not, you're going to learn how to work with them. Who knows maybe you'll lead the team one day, there gonna need you."

Getting a drink of water, I feel someone watch me from across the feild. Kali. "I'll be back.." I say to Emma. I jogged across, walking with her into the woods.