Partners

It had already been a few days since Camden's funeral. And I was back to my normal routine, with Emma now added to our family. My mom seemed alot calmer now, since she has more help around the house. Now that I started my job at Deaton's Clinic, I help around with the bills too.

I left school right after my last class on tuesday, and headed over to the Clinic.

"Deaton?" I walk into the empty waiting room, looking at nothing but a few chairs, some magazines, and the back room. I stop at the half way door, and unlock the handle. "Deaton?" The sound of dogs howling in the back make the room creepier. I walk around the room, looking at the surgical tools, the medicine, and even at the Spice cabinet that he took at Talia's the other day.

When the back door opens, I stand frozen. "Oh your here, I though you were going to stay for practice?" He came in with a black bag, sitting it on the counter. "No, Coach got sick this week." He opens the bag, taking out a stray dog. Sitting him on the metal table, I raise an eyebrow. "So you find stray dogs, and bring them in a bag? Shouldn't that be kidnapping?" He chuckles a little, grabbing the Propofol and injecting the dog.

"He's sick. It's cancer." The dogs eyes close, and his head relaxes on the table. "What are you going to do with him?" I knew that the Propofol wasn't a lethal injection for the dogs, he was planning something different. "I'm planning to take the cancer out myself..with your assistance." Barely my first day at work, and I'm already operating on a dog.

Deaton shaves off a section of the dogs upper shoulder with a razor, afterwards making an insition into the middle of the fresh skin. Blood drips on the left side, falling on the table. When he opens the insition sightly, the tumor is just a few centimeter away. He makes a few cuts around the tumor, then grabbing a tweezer like tool, and scooping it up. "Done." He drops that tool and the tumor on a bowl, "I'll examine this later tonight." He grabs a needle and thread, sewing back the open wound.

After he puts the dog in the back room, Deaton comes back into the room. "Why did you want me to work for you?" He leans against the counter, pulling his arms behind him. "Because you also need to know about this." He lifts his hand and points around the room. "About the different techniques when healing someone...it will come in handy when your pack is injured." I look up to the cabinet that held the spices he showed me before. "And those, will help against protecting yourself and your pack. Their used as a type of shield, I have one around the clinic." My eyebrows rise, "Why? This clinic seems harmless." He chuckles slightly, "Many supernatural people know about me, and know about my involvement with Talia. Seeing me as a healer, rather than an emessary."

"Well isn't that a good thing?" I look up from my hands, and furrow my eyes at Deaton. "Not when they can use me against Talia. The remedies in this room, could cure, or even bring back the dead if your experienced enough to do it. And in my case, I've had 28 years of experience. More than your average emessary."

"Working here isn't easy, especially when your also being hunted yourself. I'll understand if you choose to leave, but just understand that when you leave here, you are less protected than you are at home." I look at him for a while, before my eyes roam around the building.

When the sound of the front door ringing interrupts our conversation, we immediately walk out the room and to the front desk. "Hi, Welcome to the Clinic. How may we help you." I say, looking back at Deaton.

After work, I drove home, stopping by the pizza parlor. Emma was in the kitchen finding something to eat, and Scott was playing around with Stiles. "You're home..how was your first day?" She rips the piece of bread out of her mouth, when she turns back to me. "Fine, actually. I think I'm going to like working there." I set the boxes of pizza on the table, calling the boys to come and eat. "Thanks Savi!" They both yell coming in the kitchen, they each grab 2 slices. Then the rest of them are ours.