New Face

I got a call the next morning, asking for Emma and I to come back to school and meet a couple of people.

"Emma Let's go! They said 10:30...it's 10:15!" I yell from the bottom of the stairs. She throws her shoes, and her purse over the railing. "I'm almost done.." Frustrated, I walk to grab her stuff and put them in the car. "Finally.." I whisper, she jogs to the car. "What are you wearing? Where just going to meet some people, not the club." She mocks me as we put our seat belts on, "Haha, very funny. You have to have a good impression on people, otherwise their never going to want you." I roll my eyes and leave the driveway, to the school.

Traffic delayed us a few minutes, but we managed to come into the meeting just 4 minutes early. "Good, you made it. McCall, Ruiz, this is Nike...they're here to talk to you two." 3 people, a woman and 2 men stand around the circular table with their hands out extended for a hand shake. "Hi nice to meet you, I'm Savannah McCall." "I'm Emmilia Ruiz." We sit next to Coach Finstock, facing Nike.

"We heard many good things about this duo, and how you two are now National Champions. Congratulations.." We share a look before saying thank you. "You came a little over dressed to this meeting Savannah.." I hear coach say, "Sorry didn't have time to plan my outfit, or buy one since you told us yesterday.." I glance over to coach who was pulling out our chairs.

"We came here today, asking you two if you would like to be the new fresh faces of Nike Athletic Wear." Emma and I hold hands underneath the table, squezzing each others hands in exitement. "Of course, we'd love too." The sponsors smile at each other before pulling out 2 contracts, "Just sign this, read the Agreements and your rights. And then you're on your way to fame."

4 papers stapled to eachother, are slided to us. It spoke about how Nike doesn't just sponsor anybody, but the most athletic, and most respected of all the other athletes. If we wanted to leave the contract, we wouldn't be sued, but would have to return all of the clothing we are given by designers. The contract would include a few photoshoots after we were of age, and would take most of our team if we wished to complete with the contract. "How many years are we signed with this?" I questioned, "10 years."

Without even talking about it first, Emma and I sign the papers. "You are going to be 2 very famous and very rich young ladies with the desition you made today." We give them back their papers, and shake their hands as a sign of goodbye.

We leave Coach and the sponsors back in the meeting room, as we both head back to my car.

"Can you believe what just happened? Nike came to us! We're sponsored by them now! Can you believe it!" She runs around the parking lot, swinging her arms up in the air. "Yeah..I can't believe it." My eyes started to wonder around the lot, until it focuses on something coming out of the woods. "Let's celebrate Sav-" she stops celebrating, and walks over to me.

Talia walks out of the woods, with Laura and Duecalion by her side. "What's Laura doing with them.." I shake my head lightly, still trying to hear what their saying. "If you can find Savannah in time for the full moon, we'd be complete. But she doesn't answer any of my calls or texts, what makes you sure she'll show up?" A car alarm goes off, which makes them look towards our way, "Hide." I push Emma to the front of a car, and pull her down to knee level. "Shh..." I whisper.

They slowly continue their conversation back on, "If you can get her to come to the warehouse, she's all yours Deucalion." With wide eyes, Emma looks up at me, "WTF?" I put my index finger up to my mouth, "I can get her there, don't worry. Our hybrid won't know what hit her.." And then they stopped talking. "What the hell was that? Why does Talia want you to be at the warehouse tonight?" I peek up while she's talking, "I have know idea, but I can't go in there alone tonight." I stand up when I see that their gone, and drag Emma back to the car.