Family

Rafael's POV

Three days later, after Kate gave Savannah to Melissa, I didn't here from her after that. Chris kept in touch with me, asking me if I needed anything, or even if he could have a few hours with her, in which I didn't mind at all, that was Savannah's family.

The nurses came in every hour or so, to help Melissa with taking care of her newborn baby. Breastfeeding wasn't an option for her anyways so they gave Savannah to a woman who was breastfeeding the children who's mother's couldn't. They showed her how to care and manage Savannah's hygiene when she was old enough to be bathed. She looked very happy when she was carrying Savannah around the room, singing her lullabies from Melissa's childhood. Since she was given Savannah, Melissa hasn't taken her eyes off of her. "Does she seem to have green eyes to you?" I step in to take a closer look, "Yes, my grandmother had green eyes, she got lucky." She gets a hold of both of our fingers, tightening her grip when we tried to pull away.

A male nurse came in with Melissa's food, "Salmon, broccoli and cheese, with blackberries and strawberry desert." I took Savannah from out of her hands, as she sat in her bed to eat. "When do you think she will be able to leave the hospital?" The nurse checks the file at the edge of her bed, "Tomorrow is her last checkup, so until the Doctor says she isn't ready to leave, tomorrow should be the day." I thank him for coming and fall into a daydream with my daughter in my arms.

The sound of Savannah whimpering in my arms wakes me up, I go out into the hall to not disturb Melissa who is sleeping. Taking both of us to the nurses section of the baby floor, about a hand full of babies are staying in the room. "Hi, She's getting hungry again." The nurses get up to prepare for her again, but this time I turn to see a happy couple looking for their Daughter. His wife is in a wheelchair for support while he goes in and brings the baby to her. "What's her name." I ask, "Emmalia Renee, Emma for short." They see that Savannah is being fed by the nurses, "Wow, is that your daughter?" I nod as she wheels herself to Savannah, still carrying her baby in her arms, "She's beautiful." The girls unexpectedly reach out to touch their hands, and don't let go. "They're already best friends." Everyone in the room giggles at the babies.

We leave the babies with the nurses, and walk around the floor talking about how they met. "She was running in the woods one day, when I accidentally bumped into her at a popular trail, leading around the Hale house." I stop her, "The Hale House? Who lives there." They both look at me as if I said something wrong, "The house is very popular in Beacon Hills, a rich family lives there with a large amount of people. The woman that lives in the house has 2 kids, and one on the way. I think she's actually here in this hospital."

After the information about her family, I say goodbye to the couple and head back to Melissa's room, to see Savannah sleeping in her crib beside Melissa's bed. "My girls." I whisper and take out my laptop to finish some work.

Talia Hale's POV

"I want to go see her Mommy." Laura jumps on the side of my bed, taking some of the covers touching the floor, Peter comes in from walking with Michael. "Laura, sweetheart. Leave your mother alone, you will get to see your little sister in a while." She gets agitated and I agree to take her to see him, if she haves around the babies.

"Look mommy." Laura points to a woman being wheeled away by two men, one who I've seen before, probably from the time Peter was arrested for alleged robbery on a gas station. We see all the babies sleeping in their tiny beds, but one specific one stands out to me. The ones who is being put into another nurses arms after being breastfed. "Talia, her nails." Michael whispers to me, I take a closer look. Her tiny little hands are shaping into sharpened knifes, when her eyes see Laura's they turn into a blueish- gray color. Something I have never seen before, "Did you see that mommy? That babies eyes turned a different color like mine." I keep my eyes on her for a while when the nurse put Cora in front of us, showing her sleeping soundly and peacefully.