New Blood

1st day at Beacon Hills High School

My alarm went off at 6:30 am, playing Johnnyswims's new song Pay Dearly. I flip my cover over my legs, dragging them out and setting them on the floor, I slam the clock with my palm. "Savi, mom said you were going to take me to school today." I groan to my pillow. "Alright, eat and brush your teeth, I'll be out in 15 minutes." His footsteps ran down the stairs.

I stretch in bed for a while until I roll to my left and fall. "Mm." I crawl to the bathroom, and shower, then brushing my teeth. I get dressed in my white sports bra and dark gray spandex, I open my closet, looking for something to wear. I give up after couple of minutes and grab a pair of jeans and a loose tank with my jacket. I look under my bed to find my brown boots, moving things out of the way, I see them at the top of the bottom of the bed, "Great." I flip my bed over with not much force and grab them. I comb my hair, leaving it in it's natural wavy state.

I jog down the stairs seeing Scott finish his cereal and place it in the sink, "Ready." He nods, grabbing his bag and waiting for me by the door, I grab the $10 bucks on the counter for lunch today, and then head out. I walk him to his school which is just 5 blocks away from our house, and 4 blocks away from Beacon Hills High. "Hey Savannah, right?" I turn to see the girl I saw a couple of days ago at school, "Yeah, Emma." She smiles, and walks next to me.

"I was pretty nervous the day you gave me the bite, I had gone through a lot that year, and you giving me the gift to be like you. Well it was pretty cool." She was a very pretty girl, blonde hair, brown eyes, a heart shaped face. She wore her hair in a side fishtail braid, and carried two bags with her every time I would see her. "You play?" I ask, as she looks at her bag, "Yeah, Mid, sometimes striker. I've been playing ever since I could walk, I got scouted by a team a few years back. They offered me to play Pro. for them when I was old enough." I thought back to when they offered Amelia and I the same opportunity, now it's all gone.

"What about you, what do you play." She keeps walking, "How do you know I play." She grabs something from her bag, taking out a picture with me and Amelia. "My older sister had a picture of the both of you on her wall...she heard how good you both. She was your best friend, so you must have played together at one point." She sees that the picture disturbed me and puts it back, "Sorry, I didn't mean to." I shake my head, "I played forward, and mid-striker. We were partners...Captains." The bell rings from a block away, "I better go, I have to go get my schedule, I don't wanna make you late." She says goodbye, and hopes to see me around.

I introduce myself in the office and wait for my schedule, "It's nice to see you again, Ms.McCall." 'Great.' I turn around to see Principal Micheals, "Oh you'll see a lot of me this year, I guarantee you that." I smile before heading to my next class, History.

Only being 10 minutes late, I stand beside the teacher, who's name was Mr.Young, he introduced me to the freshman class. "Please Welcome Ms.Savannah McCall, like she's regular student." My eyes wonder to the guy sitting in the back, He's not a freshman. "You said this class was for freshman?" "It's AP U.S History, all of the honor kids are in one class in the morning and the another in the evening. Please take an open seat." He whispers. I walk down the aisle, the students move their bags and books preventing me from knocking them over. I look around to see if their was another empty chair away from the one in front of the older kid in the class, but I have no option.

"Is this seat taken." His green eyes shine against the sun, making my eye color change, he smiles at me. "No, it's open." He says. I sit down quickly, placing my bag beside me. "We will begin with Industrialization. What Can you tell me about this era....Ms.McCall." She drops a book beside me, I was looking out the window staring at the boys playing basketball. I look down, to see the boy in front of me hand me my book, "Thanks." I whisper, our fingers touch. "Um, Industrialization is the Era that people were forced to work for 10-13 hours a day, sometimes Saturdays, with a daily pay of $1.50. Immigrants came from the Western and Eastern side of Europe which meant when they came to America, they would have to live in Tenements." Mr. Young smiles, "Correct." I let go of the breath that I had been holding on for the past minute and breath confidently.