The Woods

"We're finally here.." Laura turns off the car, I pull up the sun protector, and I'm amazed at the house standing in front of us. "Your parents really love houses in the woods don't they?" She gets out of the car, and stands just feet away. "It's almost like home.." I hear her whisper.

The 2-story house faced towards a river below us, two tall tress standing on both sides. The porch was made of brown oak, with a stone pathway leading to the door. More stone was revealed wrapping around the chimney. Gray paneling covered all sides of the house, "What are you waiting for? Let's go in.." Laura, who was already opening the door, didn't hesitate to enter our new home.

The living room was the first thing you walked into when opening the door. Contemporary furniture filled the room, a white sofa wrapped around the perimeter. The chimney stood in the middle of the wall, while a coffee table divided the space between the sofa and the chimney.

Another arch led to the hallway, a window in each end with drapes attached. To get up to the stairs, you had to step a few feet forwards, then hit a right turn to face them. The kitchen was similar to the one at the Hale's. An office in the back like the one at my house. "Your room's on the right side, while mine's of the left side up stairs. They re pretty spacious, so you'll be able to put a lot of things up there. Talia left you another surprise in your room." She walks into the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Walking up the stairs, a smaller form of the living room sits on the second floor. A 180° window brings in the view of the woods behind the house. Pillows upon pillows fill the windows edges. I look over my right shoulder, and walk to my room.

The smell of ocean air fills the room, with the matching sea foam color on my walls. White pin tuck bedding, with a soft cream headboard, traced with it's crown molding. The full sized bed took just 1/4 the of the rooms size. I had two window splitting the wall, with white curtains attached. On the right side of the room, stood a pearl white vanity. One big mirror in the middle followed by two small ones on the sides. The handles were very delicate, the bench was cushioned with velvet.

My closet was just behind a sliding door. And to my surprise it was a walk in closet.

Everything was white, the cabinets, the railings, the back walls, even the ceiling. 3 small chandeliers hanged down above me, and right at the end of the closet, was a nook. It looked out to the front of the house.

"You like it?" Laura leaned on the sliding door. "This is really nice.." I look around one last time, before walking over to the other side of the room. A grand piano was sitting in the middle of the second nook in my room. "I knew you would miss playing, so I had one placed in your room. I also got more music sheets for you to learn, maybe you can play them." I felt her gaze drift back to me, "Why does it feel like I'm a prisoner in this house..you have everything I need to survive in here." I say to her.

"You can't think like that? You're not a prisoner, this is our new...temporary home. That's all it is." She says to me.

We had dinner in the living room, followed by the news reporting my disappearance. "Okay that's enough sadness for a week..Let's get to bed, you're gonna have a long day tomorrow." I cleaned up the dishes, and turned off all the lights down stairs. "Good night." Laura says to me. "Good night.."

The next morning, I woke up early. My window was wide open, letting the curtains fly all over the place. I rush to get up, digging in my bag for my knife. I get up on my knees, and face the window. "You're up..i-" "What are you doing here?" I ask Laura, who had just finished washing her hands. "You were flipping and turning all night, so I opened your window? Can you put the knife away, I feel defenseless." I throw the knife on my bed, "You can't just come in my room and open the window Laura..I though they.."