Portland

After 3 weeks of being in Florida, the 6 of us came back to Beacon Hills. After that, Derek and Ash had intense training for the next basketball and baseball seasons, Laura and Andrew moved into a new house near the Hale's, while Emma and I played for a league team during the rest of our summer. We really didn't get to see each other much, but when we did, it wasn't for very long.

Ash and Emma only had a few hours to actually hangout before they both had to leave for training. Derek and I had less time, since I had to leave training with Talia I didn't get to see Cora or then rest of Hales like I used to. But now we're traveling to Portland, for a game. And I just hope we actually stay here for a while.

The games weren't for a few more days, so the head coach let us explore the city, which meant I could go and see my pack for once. I called Kali who was there to watch over them, and told me they had all moved into a new house.

"This is it?" I park the car, Emma was questioning the whole ride here, but now she's dead quite. "Why does it always have to be warehouses? Why can't it be a nice, big house like the Hales?" Rolling my eyes at her, we get out the car, and walk to the entrance.

Kali and the oldest of my whole pack were watching the young ones train. "Faster! If I can catch up you, you're dead!" She yells. "Well then they're the weak ones?" I say, and all of them snap their heads to me. "You're here!" Kali runs to us, "Thank god because they needed you." She whispers to the both of us. "Okay, Let me see what you got." I yell out.

One by one they run through the obstacle course, and some succeed, while others fall at my sight.

For the normal werewolves, the course would take them 20 minutes to get through, but 4 of them managed to get down by 15 minutes. "Alexander, Ty, Marcus, and Mia! Come here." I call them out.

"Yeah." Ty says, "That was impressive? Under 16 minutes, new record." Out of breath, and wanting water, Mia leans down on her knees. "Thank you. We heard from Kali, that your records under 10 minutes." Crossing my arms, I nod my head. "Well she told you the truth." Emma comes from the top of the warehouse, "Sav, it's Laura." I excuse myself from the conversation and head up stairs. "You're friends with Laura?" Alexander said, not even half way up the stairs. "Yeah, I've known them since I was a child."

Emma gives me a weird look, "I'll be right down." I say back to Alexander.

"Hey Laura, what's up?" Static comes from the other side, but the line is silent. In my head I keep thinking to myself, 'Please don't let this be her, I'm not in the mood.' But it wasn't. "Oh hey sorry Derek just really wants to talk to you, but Talia's having a Barbeque next weekend? Think you could come with Emma?" I turn around to see Emma begging me to say yes. "Yeah? We'll be there." Emma throws her hands up, and falls onto her back. "Okay here's you're boyfriend?" I chuckle at the sound of her voice.

"Hey, how's Portland doing ya'll?" He asks, "Great actually. We don't start the game till Saturday, so I'm here training my pack. Just the usual, train, eat, sleep, repeat." He goes silent for a minute, "Derek?" My eyes roam around the room. "Yeah, I'm still here. Just thinking.." Listening to his voice makes me question him. "Thinking about what?" And then again silence. "Do you actually think you need a pack right now? I mean you have Emma, and Paul, Danielle, maybe 20 more teenagers are just too much?"

"Why would you ask that? You know your mom wants me to build my pack, it makes me a lesser target." The sound of something dropping grabs my attention, making me walk to the window. "And plus, they need my help with training. I can't have them not protect themselves while their risking their lives for mine." Ty, and Mia help the pack member that fell from the top of the course. "Savannah we need you." They yell. "I have to go, but I'll call you afterwards, Love you." And I hang up, no giving him time to say it too.