Domestication

I have been reading the book that Deaton gave me the day before I left Beacon Hills with my mom. Pages and pages of creatures are written and drawn in the pages, not leaving one white space.

When I finally got to the end of the book, I read a page called 'Hybride' meaning Hybrid in English. Three pages were about this one animal, all of the statistics of their development, their needs, weaknesses, and strengths. In one paragraph, it talked just about how their jaws create another set of teeth by the age of 13, they hide under the gums, and come out without tearing through the tissue.

Their fur changes on the location where they live, if its cold, it tends to be a white-gray color, but if the seasons change normally, they tend to go to a White-brown color instead. Their eye color being a dark yellow, almost gold. But then it talked about the death of an innocent, and how it changes their color to a blood red. Sometimes, if it gains enough lives, they turn black. The scary part of it, it all ties back to me.

I heard Talia talking about a Hybrid, about how their natural born killers, only used to capture young wolves, for the right to kill them after the hunter have gotten their information. They won't stop killing until their satisfied, sometimes it leads them to killing their town and pack.

The house we were staying at was getting colder every hour, due to my mom not wanting to waste more money for the heater. I closed the book, placing it behind the pillow I was laying on, but out the window snow was starting to make my view cloud up, not showing me the white park. "Savannah! Are you coming!" I had forgotten about the dinner we were supposed to go to for my grandmother. I scrambled to pick out some clothes from my luggage, and rush to put them on going down the stairs. "Here!" My moms eyes stunned, but doesn't show any reaction because her parents were standing right in front of me.

"Oh you poor child." My grandmother walks to me, like old people from T.V. they pinched my cheeks so hard, I thought I had lost the cells from my mouth. "Hi grandma, Hi grandpa." Both of them only being 3 years apart from each other, they seemed pretty young. They come once in a while to Beacon Hills, for Melissa's birthday, and since they have never met me, she thought it would be a good idea to introduce me to them before I grow up and I am no longer the adorable child they seem to love so much.

Melissa made me change into the dress she had laid out on my bed, which was now on the floor. I took another shower, and dressed myself up again. I stood in the mirror, brushing off the wrinkles from the lower part of the dress. My hair was a monstrosity of curls and chocolate browness. I managed to maintain the hair with 5 clips to hold it in place.

We went to a nearby restaurant that was new to the city, only being open for a couple of weeks. It had a soft style to it, which I really liked, having white curtains come down from the ceiling and candles hang from the walls. A piano coming from the back corner of the building was playing a song I remember hearing on the way here. The waiter sat us near the back, where he said it was 'The best seat in the house.' In which I did not get, until a performer came on the little stage they had set up.

We talked for hours about my childhood, and growing up in Beacon Hills. I told them about how I met new friends at St. Michael's, and me being on a little league soccer team. They told us about how their planning to move close by to Beacon Hills, but that they still want to be close to the snow. Another performer came on about every hour or so, and by the 4 performer we said our goodbye's and left.

We stayed at the house until Friday night and flew in by the morning, my dad and Scott were standing at the bottom of the escalators. Our bags were sitting behind them, "Hey baby girl, How was Washington." I didn't tell him too much, "It was really cold, but Grandma and grandpa were funny." He kissed Melissa, while holding Scott in her arms.