50~ Xavier Russo

The small room, which Bella calls a broom closet suddenly felt suffocating as I woke up to get dressed for school. Thankfully I decided to let Cheriè stay with her till I am able to rent a good apartment with the money I'd be earning from my first official fight.

After running my fingers through my hair, I smoothened it out to look presentable and walked out of the gym to the bus stop. The bus arrived earlier today as I climbed on and sat myself next to a man reading the The Times.

Glancing at the cover of the paper, I was suddenly taken aback to see a candid picture of a of Bella and I, hugging in court. Tilting my head I read the headline, 'Mayor White's daughter and her boyfriend were seen fighting side by side when police arrived'

What the fuck

Deciding to stay away from all newspapers and articles, I got off  the bus stop near the school and walked to the gates. Sighing I strode in and waited for the gossipers to begin their sessions. And just as I expected, right when I walked into the hallways, the muttering and mumblings began.

"Listen up!", My voice rang through the hallway as the mutterings ceased immediately, "If you have something to say, speak up or hold your damn tongues! When Natalie gets here and any of you start acting like the mother fucking paparazzi, I will personally see to it that your tongues be stabbed with multiple forks. Capishe?", The students quickly closed their lockers and scampered away.

Walking towards my locker, I managed to catch a glimpse of a banner hanging above. Upon closer inspection I saw that it read, 'Winter Ball 2020'

"Is that today!?", I stopped a kid walking past me, startling him

"Y-yes. It's tonight", He rushed out and ran away.

Deciding to do something about it, I walked to the art room and grabbed myself a white board, some pastels and paint before getting to work on my sappy project. Right as I started adding the finishing touches to it, there was an incoming call from Bella

"Bella"

"Xav where are you? You're late for biology, the period has already started"

"Sorry can't make it, I got side tracked with an art project that I am supposed to turn in today"

"Okay fine then. I'll meet you at lunch. Bye Xav. Ti amo!"
(I love you!)

"Ti amo anch'io", I chuckled at her google translate italian and hung up.
(I love you too)

After I was done with the poster, I rolled it up and took it out with me to the hallway as the bell rang. Students literred the passageway, but I managed to find my Bella's shining hair in the midst of the crowd. Taking a deep breath, I walked towards her, stopped about a meter away and cleared my throat to gain her attention.

"Xav!", She smiled and waved cutely before noticing I'm hiding something behind me.

"Okay spill! What are you hiding?", she placed her hands on her hips and tilted her head at me.

The students around noticed our interaction and started talking among themselves. Think I caught our ship name, 'The Mean Duo',  being thrown around a couple of times before I cleared my throat again. Silencing everyone around as they watched us with gossiping eyes.

Rolling the poster open, I held it up to her. My face started to heat with embarrassment as she read aloud what was written.

"I don't do winter balls? Xavier Russo! Did you really have to go all out to tell me you don't want to-"