12~ Xavier Russo

I stiffened under her warm embrace.

She must've been choked really hard. I don't think she is okay. Wait! Did those scrawny jocks manage to land a blow on my head too? Otherwise why on earth would I hug her back tighly and then stroke her hair comfortingly? Weird things tend to happen when I'm with this woman. She is bad news yet...why am I drawn to her?

Pulling back from the hug she looked up at me from under her lashes, I felt a tug at my heart. Then my eyes ran down to her brusing neck and anger coursed through my vein.

I should've hit him more before knocking him out! When I saw his hands on Bella, choking her to the level of asphyxiation and them being the pussy he is trying to punch her, my vision clouded red and I wanted nothing more than to end him then and there.

Sensing my anger, Bella pushed herself away from me, misinterpreting my anger.

I quickly reached out and enclosed my hand around hers, pulling her back to my side.

"Why?", She asked in a timid voice, foreign to her.

"I'm your boyfriend, aren't I? What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let my Bella be assaulted by her ex"

She looked at me for a good minute before clearing her throat and pulling me to her car.

"What're you doing?", I let myself be pulled by her.

"Taking you for ice cream", She opened the passenger door and pushed me in

"What?", I looked at her to see if she had a hit on the head.

"You're my boyfriend right? It's only right that I treat you to something sweet after a scene thing like that", she nonchalantly got on the driver's side and started the car.

The woman wants to buy something for someone else?

"You sure your okay Bella?"

"My neck hurts a bit but think I'll manage, I'm a champ", she drove smoothly.

"Sure", I looked out the window as we drove into town.

She parked infront of a little parlour and ordered double scoop ice cream for the both of us.

"Chocolate chip sounds good for you?" She asked to which I just shrugged in response.

I honestly am kind of sceptic about her sudden change of character. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing

After handing me my ice cream, she sat herself in a table for two and motioned for me to sit too. We ate in silence, with me occasionally glancing at her, unable to understand what's going on in that mind of hers. She kept eating in silence while staring out the window.

"Do you think I'm evil?", she suddenly asked making me look up at her.

"Yes"

Her attention shifted from the window to me for a split second before a smile broke on her face.

"Be serious", She tried again

"I am. Look if you're looking for moral support from me in exchange for some crappy ice cream, not happening Bella"

"I'm sorry last time I checked they don't sell $100 ice cream"

"Prize does not correlate with quality. That's something you overlook in life Bella" I leaned back on my chair to study her.

"Hm, is that so?", She sighed with a blank face before shifting her attention from the window to the ice cream.

"I don't support it", I spoke after a period of tense silence