30~ Xavier Russo

The days leading up to the fight were quite uneventful. I spent day in and day out with Coach Grey practicing and sparring in the gym. Bella would visit every evening and watch me practice and cheer me on or boo me out and on other days she would spar with me 'for the fun of it'.

Today is D-day, so I bunked school to get in some extra practice before facing Jacob Black - the reigning underground boxing champ, tonight.

I was sparring with Coach Grey when Bella waltzed into the gym like she owned the place.

"Why aren't you in school?", I arched a brow at her.

"I'm sorry I bunked school... daddy", I rolled my eyes at her initially before I choked on my spit comprehending what she lastly said.

"Alright I'm heading out", Coach Grey started walking out the ring

"No wait! I got something or someone", Bella halted Mr Grey in his steps

"Come in Jordan!", A man of muscular build walked in at her call.

Who is the fuck is he?

"Jordan here is last year's winner of underground boxing in Los Angeles! I got him here for you to spar with", My jaw dropped at what she just said.

"What?!", Both Coach Grey and I spoke at the same time

"Get your ear checked out Xav, It's excusable for Mr Grey with his age and all but you need help"

"Where on earth did you find contacts to an illegal fighting champ?", I glared at her.

"Brian and Heffley", She shrugged while motioning for Jordan to go up the ring

"You must be the infamous Black Eye", Jordan outstretched his hand for me to shake.

"You've heard of me?", A little pride swelled up in me

"No, but she told me to pretend like I did and then burst your bubble", He motioned with his thumb to a grinning Bella.

I narrowed my eyes at her before Coach Grey came back to the centre of the ring and sized up Jordan.

"That girl is a genius", he complimented Bella making me roll my eyes again.

"Brilliant! Sparring with a reigning champ is the just the practice you need for tonight", Coach Grey continued before adding in a whisper, "Don't loose her"

After Jordan was gloved up, Coach Grey took to being the referee while Bella became the audience.

"Lets go!", Bella yelled from under.

"Enjoy all you want right now, because this is as close as you'll come to the real thing. Ain't no way you're coming to the fight tonight", I said to her with full seriousness.

"Okay daddy, Whatever you say", Bella mocked me before breaking into a fit of laughs

"Would you stop with that!"

"Xavier concentrate!", Coach Grey scolded and broke me out of my glaring contest with Bella

"Make sure you don't hit him hard but mark your moves with precision and accuracy", He instructed Jordan and signalled for the fight to start.

Right as the fight started his first move was to knock me off my feet by hooking my leg with his and pulling. He succeeded as I fell on my back but before he could get on me and land a punch, I kicked him in his abdomen and pushed him off.

Standing back up, I brought my fists together and threw a uppercut his way, which he dodged by shifting to the left making my left hand punch hit him square in the jaw.