27~ Natalie White

The following day at school, I didn't even have to search for Xavier to cling onto. He appeared right beside me and wrapped his arms around me before pulling me in for a chaste kiss.

"Morning Bella", he whispered against my lips.

"Morning Xav", I smiled while running my hand through his jet black hair.

"Morning lovebirds", Karla and Mia greeted in unison before adding, "By the way...you two should totally join that workshop happening today at the stadium"

"What workshop?", I tried to pull a bit away from Xavier to speak but his hold on my waist didn't allow such movement. Therefore I had to crane my neck to speak to them.

"The ballroom dancing workshop, of course. For the upcoming winter ball? The pianists fundraiser I think" While Karla was the one to speak first, Mia added the last part.

"Interesting...", I had a mischievous smile on my face which Xavier quickly picked up on.

"Whatever it is you're thinking...No.", Xavier decided to be a party pooper

"Oh come on, it'll be fun.", I tried to get him to agree

"What fun would it be to keep stepping on each other?"

"Speak for yourself! I'm confident in my dancing having attended almost all the balls held in school and out"

"This is enough reason for me to refuse"

"You scared I'll outshine you?"

"I'm scared you'll drag me to this winter ball or whatever."

"Of course I'll drag you to it, irrelevant of the fact you'd  attend the workshop or not. So might as well just attend it and avoid making an embarrassment of yourself in the ball"

"No mean no Bella"

"Too bad my no meant yes for you yesterday in the...", I fake gagged and said the word 'bus'

"Is this payback?"

"Sort of. Actual payback would be when you have to attend the ball as the date of a 21st century princess", I winked slyly at him before pulling him towards the stadium where the workshop would take place.

He groaned when he noticed all the couples already in formation there.

"Are we too late or can we still sign up?", I inquired from one of the well dressed choreographers there.

"Please say we're too late", Xavier added making me stomp my foot on him.

"Fucking dance haven't even started yet and you're already stepping on me", Xavier glared at me while the choreographer had an amused look on his face.

"You can still sign up I'm afraid,  young man", He chuckled a little at Xavier's sour expression before directing me to write down our names on a piece of paper.

After signing up he directed me and Xavier to stand on a square marked by masking tape on the floor.

"Stop slouching and stand straight!", I placed my hand on his lower back and pressed to make him stand straighter while he arched an eyebrow at me amusedly.

"You're serious about this huh?"

"Yes I am. Now would you cooperate?"

"No.", he blatantly said making me glare at him in response before forcefully taking his hand in mine.

"You don't have a choice", I narrowed my eyes to slits at him

"I see that. But that doesn't mean I'm going to make this easier for you. God knows the trouble I had to endure taking you on that bus"