15~ Natalie White

He caught me! Xavier caught me!

"You caught me!", I gave him a full blown smile.

"Didn't want a repeat of last time, I suffered enough", he grunted out as he pulled himself to his feet and looked at me still on the ground. He hesitated before outstretching his arm for me to take.

"You suffered enough!?", I narrowed my eyes at him as I pushed his hand away and brought myself to my feet before dusting myself off.

"Yes", he gave me a 'duh' look

I scowled at him before noticing he still had the hello kitty bandaid on his nose. Then my eyes shifted to his elbow where he was bleeding a bit. Grabbing his arm I dragged him towards my bag, he followed without complain.

Taking out another hello kitty bandaid, I pasted it on the cut in his elbow while he rolled his eyes at me.
"Why do you keep doing this?", his face was void of any emotion.

"I don't like seeing blood", I shrugged nonchalantly while smoothing out the bandaid

"You should come to one of my fights then", he humourlessly laughed before shoting his eyes up at me.

Your fights huh? Well well well Xavier Russo has a secret after all

Pretending to not have heard, I pushed him back towards his teammates as the game would start again in a few minutes.

"Play hard Russo, I'll cheer you on!", I winked at his retreating figure.

While he went back to his team my mind went back to his earlier statement.
"You should come to one of my fights then"

Now why would he say that when I was already present in one of his fights? That could only mean he was talking about some other fight.

"Nat"

And also he remained unscathed from the whole Joshua 'incident', yet he came to school with a broken nose and before that with a bruised jaw.

What are you hiding Mr Russo?

"Natalie!", Karla screamed in my ear snapping me from my train of thoughts.

"What!"

"The match started we should go to the sidelines", She started pulling me back to the field.

The match was going slow compared to earlier as Ravensworth School had developed some strategies which involved cornering Xavier as much as possible.

Cory caught the ball from Derick before and ran pass the 40 yard line before being tackled to the ground by a member of the opposing team. He grabbed the ball from Cory and ran towards our end zone. He weaseled his way through our tacklers and touched down . The scores were now 10 to 6 with us in the lead.

The game from that point just dragged on without either team scoring. But in the last five minutes of the game Ravensworth scored a field goal and updated the scores to a close 10 and 9.

Everyone including myself was on the edge of the seat as a Ravensworth player managed to sidetrack our tacklers and made it closer to the endzone. Just as he was about to score the touchdown, Xavier crushed the dude so hard, he had to be carried out in a hospital bed. Thus making The Vipers winners of the night, qualifying to the finals held on Friday afternoon.

"We won! We won!", The coach Derek jumped up and down beside me on the sidelines.

"Goooo Vipers!", Karla cheer from the other side of me gaining Coach Derek's attention

"Miss White, thank you!", Coach Derek suddenly turned to me.

"Uhm. Your welcome?", I eyed him sceptically.