31~ Natalie White

"Did he win? Is he hurt?", I shot up and ran towards Brian who went to the Towley ring to get me stats on the fight.

"You tell her"
"I can't, I have a family to support!"
"Well me too! My girlfriend is pregnant man!"

Brian and Heffley arguing among themselves got me loosing my very thin patience.

"I'll have you both fired on the spot, if you don't tell me what's going on right NOW!"

"He didn't win Ma'am...but he also didn't loose?", Heffley spoke up.

"So it's a tie?"

"No Ma'am, he got arrested", Brian added making my jaw drop to the fucking floor as my anger skyrocketed.

"Did you just say that my boyfriend got arrested?", I asked eerily calm

"I'm afraid so ma'am", Brian and Heffley backed away.

Swallowing the anger and slight fear rising within me, I asked Brian and Heffley to step forward as they hesitatingly shook their head 'no'

"GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE NOW!" I screamed and they swiftly obeyed along with the entire staff gathering in the living room.

"Scamper away", I motioned to all the maids as they breathed a sigh of relief.

"Go find out where Xavier is being held currently and how the police got to know about the fight. Understood!?"

"Yes Ma'am!", they announced in unison as they too scampered away.

Now to talk to my father. I stormed into dad's office and found him working behind his desk.

"Dad I need you to bail someone out of jail for me", Dad gave me a are-you-serious look from up his papers.

"What?"

"My boyfriend has being arrested"

"No offence princess but I'm concerned about your selection process for boyfriends"

"Dad I'm serious, please do whatever you can to bail him out", I let my worry shine on my face.

"You want me to abuse my power for a boyfriend of yours who's currently in jail?"

"Dad! please! I- I'm worried", Dad shot up from his seat when he saw I'm on the verge of breaking down.

"What did he get arrested for?", Dad wrapped his arm around my shoulder and directed me to sit down.

"Remember how I told you he's a boxer?"

"Ah yes the professional boxer who'd protect you...ended up in jail?", Dad gave me a look

"He's not a boxer by profession. He fought underground. Illegally. For money.", Dad opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off, "Before you speak, please know...h-he has his reasons. Dad please do something, anything"

Dad sighed as he saw my genuinety and desperation.
"I'll see what I can do", he rubbed his temples as he spoke and added before I left, "I'll need to meet this boyfriend of yours soon Natalie"

"Did you find what I asked of you?", I entered the security control room and enquired of Brian working in a laptop

"Not yet Ma'am, we're working on it", he didn't remove his eyes from the screen as he spoke

"After you do, let my dad know everything. Alright?"

"Yes Ma'am"

Running off to my room, I grabbed my black card, car keys and a diamond ring before speeding to the California Central Hospital. I knew if I didn't do this before he's out of jail, I'd never get to do this.