33~ Natalie White

"Brian", I popped into the control room again before heading to my room.

"Yes Ma'am?", He shot up from his seat with droopy eyes considering it's ten past midnight

"Find Richard Damien's number and get it to me first thing in the morning. Understood?"

"Richard Damien as in...?", he trailed off eyeing me with caution.

"Yes him. I need it first thing in the morning Brian", with that I walked out of the room and showered before calling it a day.

The following morning, I got up and dialled Xavier to let him know I'll be at the hospital in 10 before getting dressed in a floral sundress for a change.

A knock sounded on my door, just as I was about to leave.
"Enter"

"I got the number you wanted Ma'am", Brian handed me a piece of paper.

"Great. Thank you. You can go", I pushed past his blinking self and took out my phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Richard Damien of the NBA?"

"It's actually WBA now, World boxing association. But yeah I'm he."

"Damien it's me Natalie"

"Uhm yeah sure as if she can talk without yelling at me. Look honey whoever you are, I'm not interested. I have a girlfriend...of sorts"

Taking a deep breath, I kept myself calm from lashing out at Xavier's potential future manager.

"I have no time for nonsense Damien! I have a help to ask of you"

"Now you sound like her! But still no. The Natalie White is too much of a bitch to 'ask' help of anyone"

"Expect to be picked up tomorrow"

"Wait! Wha-", I hung up on him

"Brian!"

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Pick up Richard Damien and bring him here before 7 Am tomorrow. Be discreet and don't hesitate to use whatever force necessary"

"Do you mean to...", Brian trailed off with slightly wide eyes.

"Yes I mean to! Do I have to spell everything out for you?"

"But Ma'a-"

"Just get it done Brian! I know the stupid fucker", I rolled my eyes and put on my shades as I walked out the door to my car.

Arriving at the hospital, I saw Xavier waiting by the door for me.

"Took you long enough",He grabbed my hand and walked in with me

"I had some matters to deal with at home. Also I didn't expect for you to wait for me", I arched a brow at him and that's when it hit!

"You're nervous", I tightened my hold on his hand but he didn't say anything in response

The doctor met us halfway to Cheriè's room with a stroller bed and couple of other nurses.

"We're taking her for the surgery now", The doctor informed Xavier as his grip on my hand tightened.

Taking Xavier's silence into consideration, the doctor continued, "It'll be an open brain surgery and if there's no in surgery complications, it'll be done within 13 hours."

"Okay", that was all he said as his sister was wheeled out into the operation theatre.

We were directed to stay in the waiting room as the operation theatre's light lit up. Xavier didn't let go of his hold on my hand as we sat next to each other and remained silent as he leaned his head against my shoulder.