39~ Natalie White

Tears ran down my eyes as I hiccuped in pain. My vision was partly blurred as I drove, the pain in my heart was unlike ever before. It felt like Emma's death all over again, I lost someone I loved yet again.

This is why you don't love people!

Through my hazy mental state and blurred vision, I failed to notice the black SUV blocking the road to the street my house is on.

It was too late for brakes when I realised that it won't move away. I kept going at high speed and crashed into the SUV.

The air bags of my car did a good job protecting me as the only pain currently coursing through my body was from my heart and we all know that's not from the crash.

Looking around me, I noticed my skin had several cuts and my head had several gashes. The interior and exterior of my car had some serious damage as the windshield along with the windows were shattered while the dashboard and the front of the car was totalled.

Throughout this whole scene and minor concussion, I didn't fail to notice the men in ski masks currently striding towards my dented door from the SUV that had minimum damage.

They removed my car door from its hinges and grabbed my forearm harshly before pulling me out. I didn't struggle as I just accepted my fate and went with them willingly. What do I have to live for anyway?

Once we reached another SUV parked in the side of the street, they grabbed a red cloth and pressed it against my nose. Inhaling a deep breath, I let the chloroform invade my senses and drifted away into the darkness.

Waking up felt painful, both mentally and physically. I waited a few minutes before opening my eyes in a stinking, rotten basement with dead mice on the ground. The only light illuminating this place came from an old school flame torch on the wall.

Trying to get up from the floor, I was pulled back down, only to realise my hands were chained to the wall.

What the fuck? Was I kidnapped by the mafia?

"She's up boss", I quickly turned towards the voice to see a man in ski mask speaking on the phone.

"If your boss is Hawthorn, tell him he can shove it where the sun doesn't shine!" , I struggled against the short yet heavy metal chains.

"Shut up bitch!", He slapped me with the phone.

"Pussy! Untie me and see if you can hold out against me!", I spat out the blood pooling inside my mouth. Upon hearing my words the man's hands automatically went to his groins but he quickly shook himself and went back to the call.

"Boss what do we do with her?"

"The Mayor won't drop out?"

"Should I then just kill her boss?"

"Trauma? The gun?"

"Yes sir. Understood", he gave me a look and hung up before putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Just so you know. I let you kidnap me, if not you would have failed like the last time", I narrowed my eyes at him. But he ignored me and walked to the torch lighting this God forsaken place. He removed it from the wall and threw it on the ground before stepping on it.

It is now pitch black in this smelly ass place. I heard the man's footsteps approaching me eventhough I couldn't see him.

He stood a few steps infront of me and I could make out a shadow of him placing something on the ground, a bit out of reach. But if I squirmed enough, I could probably reach it.

"What the fuck are you doing?",I couldn't make out what he was upto and it made me anxious.

"Kill yourself"