35~ Natalie White

First thing I noticed as I looked at her was her emerald blue-green eyes and then it was dazzling shy smile. She's a few years older than Emma but that smile warmed my heart like if it was Emma that smiled at me.

"Ciao sono Cheriè!. ", She squeaked shyly at me
(Hello I'm Cheriè)

"Non parla italiano Cheriè", Xavier added from behind me
(She doesn't speak italian Cheriè)

"Oh"

"Hi, I'm Natalie White", I smiled at her.

"Cheriè!", She smiled back at me before tilting her head and looking towards her brother with a glint in her eyes, "fidanzata?"
(Girlfriend?)

Xavier looked towards me for a second before replying, "Si. Cosa pensi?"
(Yes. What do you think?)

"Lei è carina", She looked at me and gave me a mischievous smile.
(She's pretty)

Xavier nodded his head at her in agreement to whatever she said.

What on earth did they talk about? Was it about me? Does she not like me? Then why would she smile at me?

"Read?", Cheriè broke me out of my train of thoughts

"Read?", I looked at her confusingly

"Elsa e An-a?", Her eyes shined with memory.

"Sh-she he-ard?", I shot a look towards Xavier with wide eyes.

"Apparently so", he shrugged and smiled at his baby sister.

"Xavy ho fame"
(Xavy I'm hungry)

"Sei? Cosa vuoi Cherie?"
(You are? What do you want Cherie?)

I wish I took up Italian as an extracurricular.

"Gelato!", Cheriè clapped her hands together excitedly

"She wants ice cream?", I asked Xavier, remembering the name of the Italian ice cream shop near our school.

"Oreo!", Cheriè added

"Va bene", Xavier smiled.
(Okay)

I quickly took out my phone and typed in google translate before pressing the microphone and holding it to Cheriè

"Qual è il tuo fiore preferito?"

Cheriè smiled again hearing the Google translate question of what her favourite flower is.

"Margherita!", She excitedly replied making me give a quizzical look to Xavier

"What's the legal drinking age in Italy again?", I arched an eyebrow at him

"It translates to daisies", Xavier gave me a bored look

"Will she be fine here alone, if I come with you to get her some daisies while you get her ice cream?",  I asked Xavier but before he could reply there was a knock on the door.

The door opened and a nurse walked in.
"We need to take her to the Xray room to get some tests done", the nurse informed Xavier and Xavier explained it to Cheriè.

After Cheriè left to get her Xrays done, we left to get the ice cream and flowers.

"Where do you think serves the best Italian ice cream around here?, Xavier inquired from the driving seat of my Porsche

"I think the one near the school. There is also a flower shop, around the corner from there.", Xavier drove in the direction of our school and parked near the ice cream parlour.