36~ Xavier Russo

Glancing back towards Bella to make sure she's okay, I saw her unconscious form being carried over the shoulder to the black SUV.

Seeing red, I choked the guy I was punching unconscious and started after Bella only to be blocked by a line of five bruised men. I started shaking in rage as I punched and kicked all of the men in a fury before reaching the man trying to load my Bella to the SUV.

Grabbing him by his collar, I punched him so hard, that a couple of his teeth cracked along with my knuckles. Pain seethed through my veins but I ignored it as I pushed the guy to the ground and punched him till my fist became numb and the guy beneath became umoving.

Pulling my bloodied fist off him, I could see the remaining men run away as I grabbed Bella off the driverless SUV.

I carried her to the car and placed her on the passenger seat before trying to wake her up. Patting her cheek with my unbloodied hand and a little bit of water seemed to do the job as she jostled awake.

"Don-don't touch me!", Bella  screamed as she coiled against the seat.

"Bella relax, it's me", I held her shoulder and brought my face in line with hers.

"Xav!",She wrapped her hand around my neck and placed her head against my chest, "Are you okay?"

"You wake up after passing out and ask me if I'm okay?", I gave her an are-you-serious look.

"You're hand", She grabbed my severely bruised and cracked knuckles in her small hands.

"I'm fine, its nothing serious", My free hand grabbed hold of her face and traced the palm print on her cheek. My blood boiling thinking about the fucker that slapped her.

"I'm fine too", She smiled at me and leaned against the seat before breathing out in relief.

"We're fine", I reassured her and got in the drivers seat.

"Wait!", Bella halted me from starting the car and jumped out, startling me.

"Where are you going!", I too climbed out of the car to see her running inside the ice cream parlour.

Don't tell me she's...

Five minutes later she comes out with an entire tub of Oreo ice cream.

"I don't think Cheriè would appreciate us taking so long and coming empty handed", She shrugged in explanation and climbed back in to the car.

"What're we going to say to her?", Bella asked as I parked the car in the hospital car park.

"I don't know. Just say to her we were met with an accident?", I took a look at us, covered in bruises and blood.

"You're going to tell your sister that we met with an accident going to pick up the ice cream that she asked for? Yeah it's not like she'll blame herself" Bella gave me a sarcastic look

"Then I guess I'll just tell her the truth. I got bruised by trying to save your ass from being kidnapped. Then she'll blame you instead of herself and problem solved", I returned her sarcastic smile

"No one told you to save me!"

"Yeah you running towards me while yelling my name screams 'I don't need you to save me'

"Not like you had fight all 11 fuckers alone", She held up her bloodied fists and pointed to her bruised face.

My heart fucking clenched seeing her like this, that I couldn't help but walk over to her and pull her against me.

Pulling her closer to my chest, I placed a kiss on her forehead and swiped her cheek with the pad of my thumb.
"I should've done a better job protecting you, my Bella"

"You know...for the first time in my life, I'm not mad about being brusied or hurt. I feel proud of myself for being able to stand beside you and fight. So don't worry about", She smiled a breathtaking smile at me and leaned up on her toes to kiss me.

Placing my hand on her waist, I held her tightly to me as my lips devoured hers. I will never have enough of kissing my Bella

Just as we pulled apart, a nurse passing by quickly rushed to our side.
"What happened? Are you both okay? Oh dear. You should both get checked"

"We're fine. We just got into a crash while jay walking. Nothing serious but uhm we'll be down to get treated once we deliver this ice cream to a patient in the wards", Bella spoke to the nurse and tried me drag me in the direction of Cheriè's room but the nurse halted her.

"You can't go like this into the wards, my child. Give me the ice cream, I'll have it delivered to the patient's room. You both need to get treated"

Bella was about to loose her cool when she saw the state of my knuckles. Shit hurts as fuck right now, though I'm trying to not let it show on my face. I'm pretty sure few of them bones in my fist are now cracked.

"On second thought, maybe you're right. Can you deliver this to Cheriè Russo of room 202?", she handed the ice cream to the nurse and grabbed my hand gently in hers and took me inside the hospital.

The nurse directed us towards the Wound Care Unit and had a doctor check up on us. He first walked towards my Bella and grabbed her hand to inspect her knuckles and then did the same with mine.

"I highly doubt this was from a car crashing into you while jay walking. Unless you both punched the car inorder to stop it, this is not possible", The doctor eyed us suspiciously.

"What if we did punch the car  and the dude who drove it? We're known to be pretty psycho and mean. Unless you want to experience what happened to the driver, I advise you to carry on without asking unnecessary questions.", Bella threatened him.

The doctor gulped but gathered confidence to reply,
"I don't think you should be speaking like that to the man who'd be treating you"

I folded my arms against my chest as I waited for Bella to go off.

"And I don't think you should be talking like that to the daughter of the Mayor. So if you want to keep working at this government run hospital, I suggest you shut the fuck up and treat us"

The doctors eyes widened as he scurried off and sent some nurses to treat us. Bella wasn't too happy about the blushing young nurses treating me and she very well made it known to them, making me chuckle at her fiery bomb like cuteness.

After we got treated and wrapped in bandage, we went towards Cheriè's room with no idea of how we're going to explain everything to her. But thankfully she was alseep and there was no need for us to explain ourselves.

Sitting down on the couch, I pulled Bella to me and wrapped my arm around her waist as she placed her head on my chest.

"I can't keep doing this", she sighed out

"Doing what?"

"Running from Hawthorn", She closed her eyes as her body stiffened. "I want him convicted Xav. I don't want to live my life constantly looking over my back. I want justice for Emma!", I felt tears wetting my shirt as I stroked her hair.

Pulling her up, I wiped the tears off her using the pad of my thumb and kissed her cheeks.
"Don't cry mia Bella. Evil can't win."

"I don't know Xav. Right now evil seems to be winning. I know he won't rest till he has my life in his hands", Just as those words left her mouth I felt myself stiffen and tighten my hold on her.

"I will never let him take you away Bella"